Biostar sent a BIOS chips with BIOS for different mobo

joerobot

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello all,

Recently I had to buy a replacement BIOS chip from Biostar after a failed BIOS upgrade. When I received the replacement BIOS chip, I found out they flashed it to the TA790GXE's BIOS and not the TA790GX, which I have. Now the BIOS on there does allow for the computer to function, but I was wondering if I would be able to flash the chip with the BIOS from the TA790GX as I believe the current BIOS is incorrectly reporting temperatures. Before the failed BIOS upgrade, my CPU was idling at 35 C and now Speedfan reports that it idles just below 50 C or so. I made no changes to the hardware placement and only replaced the BIOS chip itself. So would it be safe?

Thanks,
Tim

joerobot

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
The only way I would have to flash it back it through the built in flasher on the motherboard. On the failed upgrade that I mentioned, it didn't allow me to POST, so I was unable to get to the flasher. But that was my mistake; I flashed with the TA790GX AM2+'s BIOS by accident. Lesson was learned.

joerobot

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I just gave it a shot in the built-in BIOS flasher and the Windows utility. I get this message:

"BIOS ID does not match, Press anykey to continue!"

Any tips?

So far, I'm looking into using AMI's DOS flasher.

[edit]
The AMI flasher worked! I used the Windows GUI version. Problem solved.

mrcjnraj

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Anyone having idea about BIOS chip of BIOSTAR GeForce 6100-M9 Motherboard . Please mail me "mrcjnraj@yahoo.com". Also suggest where ti buy in India.

AzianAssassin

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Would a CPU not going to POST be caused by a bad BIOS Chip and if this is correct like I think it is...will Biostar replace it due to me upgrading my BIOS? :bounce: