Sign in with
Your question

PICTORIAL FILE CONVERSION

Last response: in Windows XP
July 18, 2011 1:04:12 PM

Hello,
I WISH TO USE A PROGRAM SUCH AS REGISTAX THAT USES .avi FILES TO PROCESS PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY PENTAX DSLR WHICH MAKES .jpg AND .tif FILES. SUCH PROGRAMS ARE EXTENSIVELY USED BY AMATEUR ASTROPHOTOGRAPHERS.
HOW CAN I CONVERT THE FILES FROM MY CAMERA TO THE FORMAT REQUIRED BY THE IMAGE-STACKING SOFT-WARE?
July 18, 2011 7:24:45 PM

Hello MR. CAPS LOCK, try to turn it off next time :) 

You need to batch convert jpg to avi?

as far as I can recall photoshop has the ability to do that. There might be some new software since then... I mean just google "jpg to avi" and there's like bajillion pages offering free software tools for it
m
l
July 25, 2011 9:39:38 AM

AntiZig said:
Hello MR. CAPS LOCK, try to turn it off next time :) 

You need to batch convert jpg to avi?

as far as I can recall photoshop has the ability to do that. There might be some new software since then... I mean just google "jpg to avi" and there's like bajillion pages offering free software tools for it

I could not find anything in Photoshop Elements. Am I missing something? Can you give me a hint where to find it? I do not have Photoshop.

I have tried googling as you suggest but there are surprisingly few leads. Tom's Hardware was one of the more promising of the few. Two others have dried up without yielding any results usable by yours truly. Note that I need a straight file by file conversion from .jpg or .tif to .avi, any subsequent combination of these single files to be accomplished by RegiStax. Facilities for converting a series of .jpg images to a movie or the like are no use to me.
m
l
!