Sign in with
Your question

Best midrange CPU Cooler for i7-930 and CM HAF 922

Last response: in Overclocking
August 24, 2010 7:56:16 PM

I want to hit between 3.6 and 3.8 on my i7-930, but don't want to spend more than $50 or so including fans. The 922 is a pretty wide case so I think most heatsinks will fit.

Any suggestions on the best heatsinks for under $50?

Also, thoughts on CoolIt Eco/Corsair H50?
August 24, 2010 8:58:19 PM

The only reason I'm considering them is to free up space and add the extra side fan to the case.

I've been looking at the 212, but am a lil worried its going to smash my tall memory. Any other suggestions? How's that Titan working out for you?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 9:23:09 PM

bergieberg said:
The only reason I'm considering them is to free up space and add the extra side fan to the case.

I've been looking at the 212, but am a lil worried its going to smash my tall memory. Any other suggestions? How's that Titan working out for you?

I am getting great results with the Titan. In Winter my room temp normally hovers around 68F and my idle at 3.8Ghz is around 28c and the load is around 44c. In summer its another story as my room is currently at 84F and my idle jumps to 40F and load can go as high as 55c using the same exact settings I used in Winter.

What motherboard and case are you using?
August 24, 2010 9:47:14 PM

OvrClkr said:

What motherboard and case are you using?

MB: P6X58D-E
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

I was thinking about the Fenrir for a while, but I've been pretty back and forth with the heatsinks. Are you using the stock fan?
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 9:57:00 PM

bergieberg said:
MB: P6X58D-E
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

I was thinking about the Fenrir for a while, but I've been pretty back and forth with the heatsinks. Are you using the stock fan?

What ram are you using?

Yea im using the stock fan, here is a pic so you can get a better idea of how big the cooler is :

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/DSC027...

the fan/sink placement can be changed vertically or horizontally.

going to upgrade the case soon to a Haf 932 since my current case is too hard to work with when im swapping stuff in and out.
!