Playing mpeg files on an XDA2

September 20, 2004 4:52:54 PM

Can you help?

I have a series of .mpeg files that I want to transfer to my handheld which
runs WMP 9 for PPC

The handheld won't recognise the .mpeg format.

I have tried saving the files as .wmv and .wm but still no luck.

The hanheld recognises the extensions and shows the correct icon in explorer
but the player just won't work?

Any thoughts.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 6:40:36 PM

Windows media for Pocket PC / XDA can't play MPEG files. You can
rename them what you like, it won't help (nor will it convert the file
type, MPEG is entirely different than .wma files !)

Get pocket TV if you want to play them : http://www.pockettv.com/ and
see if that helps. I think you'll need the smartphone version, it may
differ from those for PocketPCs.

Cheers - Neil

!