Dummies Question: DirecTV Series 2

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 24, 2004 7:18:15 PM

Dummies Question: DirecTV Series 2

Is there a web site that has a 'Dummies Listing' on how to download and
convert videos from a 'Philips Model 704' DirecTV Tivo Series Two?

I have searched a number of web sites and have received conflicting info as
to what needs to be done and terms that I don't fully understand such as
"HASH" and "BASH"

--David
August 24, 2004 7:18:16 PM

This is definitely not a "dummies" site but with time, patience, and a good
bit of reading you can find all of these answers on
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/ . Unfortunately, there is not a simple
answer (at least that I have found), like there is for upgrading a
harddrive. But what you are wanting to accomplish gets into a whole mess o'
hacking because you have to do that monte-software-swap, disable call-ins,
disable software updates, disable encryptions, etc. IOW, good luck with
your project! It's not impossible but it ain't easy.

"David Carmichael" <dec2955@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Dummies Question: DirecTV Series 2
>
> Is there a web site that has a 'Dummies Listing' on how to download and
> convert videos from a 'Philips Model 704' DirecTV Tivo Series Two?
>
> I have searched a number of web sites and have received conflicting info
as
> to what needs to be done and terms that I don't fully understand such as
> "HASH" and "BASH"
>
> --David

---