Stock Intel CPU fan noise levels

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Hello,

I don't like noisy PCs. I currently have an Intel dual core E6750 and I'm considering upgrading to a quad core E9550, but I'm not willing to do it if the stock E9550 fan is louder than the stock E6750 fan. Can anyone tell me if the stock quad core fan is louder, quieter, or just as noisy as the stock dual core fan?

Thanks in advance :)

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
If you aren't going to overclock, you can always set your motherboard BIOS (if supported) to run the CPU fan in silent mode. From the looks of the fan, I'd say noise level is the same as stock dual core.

If you're gonna spend for the 9550, it's worth another $30 for a quiet CPU cooler. I between mu Zalman. Rosewill. and Artic Pro CPu coolers I use, I find that the Artic Pro Freezer 7 to be the quietest and the only one with rubber grommets absorbing and reducing fan vibration and noise.

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Thanks for your replies. I forgot to add that I'm not planning to overclock it, I just want it to be silent, or at least no louder than my current stock E6750.

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
It wont take much to find some pretty cheap 3rd party HSFs that are better than the stock Intel and quieter....the Artic Freezer Pro for example. For what it is worth I would just buy one then you have the best of both worlds!!!