Possible CPU error, how to see if it is?

G

I recently built myself a computer, it was an i7 computer. When i was playing some games, the screen just froze and vibrated. I turned off my computer and it didn't boot. When i cleared the CMOS it entered BIOS and then started booting windows. However it freezes during boot, i have run a memory test with no errors for one and a half hours, booted with one hard drive, one DIMM and tried reinstalling Vista. Currently i think that it could be a CPU error, any idea on if it could be and how i can test for it?

Core i7 920
Corsair DDR3 i7 Ram
ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard
Nvidia 9800 Gx2
Seagate 500gb
Kingwin mach 1 800W

any ideas on what it could be?

blackpanther26

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007

That is Core i7 socket LGA 1366 he would need another Core i7 to test.

G

yeah i already tried that, running with each one of my hard drives, and with none. no live cd's are booting, and vista reinstall won't open. I can access my express gate however, ginving me internet capabilities. I can also boot up memtest86+ but no linux or vista...

G

Yeah thanks for the grease tip, seems that the large quantities of dust had jammed it and it wasn't booting correctly :p it did however corrupt a file which i rapidly fixed ! Again thanks a lot noodle64 :) also everyone else for their comments!