Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How do i unhide my hidden icons on my desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
July 18, 2011 5:33:58 PM

Open your My Computer >> Tool >> Folder Options >> View >> Choose Hiden files and folders >> Click on Show hiden files , folders and Drives.

Then Apply >> OK
Score
December 29, 2011 5:13:56 AM

kayla1027 said:
I hid some of the icons on my desktop. I want to restore them. How do I do that?

If you lost all the shortcuts, right-click the desktop, click "Arrange Icons by", then click "Show Desktop Icons"
Score
Related resources
December 29, 2011 5:28:22 AM

hotman5, that was completely unnecessary. Please be sure to read the PM I sent you when considering another post of that nature.
Score
June 28, 2012 7:37:58 AM

Right-click on the desktop and open the "Arrange Icons By" sub-menu.

In the sub-menu, click "Show Desktop Icons"
Score
July 9, 2012 3:40:48 PM

hotman5 said:
FYI----fixing computer problems can be difficult enough without having to read GROSSLY MISSPELLED, simple words like: "h i d d e n" (not hiden). Please, learn our language BEFORE you try to instruct someone in a "how to" situation. This is the United States of America, and our ONLY OFFICIAL language is ENGLISH------so, please learn it, and don't abuse or slaughter it. Thanks

*cough* this isn't actually the United States of America - this is the internet, and this is a .co.uk website. I know this reply is rather late, but I'm a sucker for pointing out the obvious to people oblivious people.
Score
November 3, 2012 4:16:28 PM

tigsounds said:
If you lost all the shortcuts, right-click the desktop, click "Arrange Icons by", then click "Show Desktop Icons"

hi
i have a note book that i havent used in awhile
the start menu and icons are hidden...how do i un hide them?
i tried right clicking and can not do so
any help would be great
thanks
Score
January 9, 2013 9:05:04 AM

Yes, right click does not respond and the system becomes very very slow.
Score
!