Is my MOBO toast?

ajlchase

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Hey all, with the last income tax return that came in I put it towards purchasing parts for a new pc. About three months ago periodically the computer would reboot on it's own w/o a prompt. There was no error code until later when I finally got a blue screen saying there was a memory dump. Well, thinking it was the memory I started to switch in and out the memory modules to see if maybe just one was the problem, I finally narrowed it down I thought to one good working one and had it running by itself. Well, as of this last week it all started again and now computer boots up and won't even make it to the bios screen or anything..just automatically shuts down. I overnighted some new memory from Newegg where I bought all of my other parts and thought well, maybe I got a bad batch of memory, once upon installing the new memory it's still been the same with the immediate shut downs. Is my mobo the problem? What do I do if it is? Would a faulty mobo have ruined my memory as well?

What I'm running.

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

Intel i7 920

CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler

OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000W ATX / BTX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE

Nvidia Geforce 260 by EVGA x 2

Seagate 1 TB 7200 RPM HD x2

LiL JRG

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Have you tried clearing your CMOS, read the manual on your motherboard to see how to do it. Try that and let me know. Im having a few issues myself with Gigabyte's P series and X series chipsets.

ajlchase

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Honestly, I can't even get to the BIOS. It seems the only way it will even run is if I take out all of the memory...even then after a few minutes it'll reboot. So, I am not positive what to do. Memory in, it auto reboots right away....memory out....I can't get to the BIOS but it still reboots later????