Sims2: University at Walmart question

I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought
it would be more
like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
this much? That is how much
the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.

I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.

Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)

....B

Now I read somebody got it at Walmart for $32.26. I don't understand
that.

.....B

Jay&B wrote:
> I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I
> thought it would be more
> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid
> just this much?
<snip>

I didn't (I got mine at CompUSA for full price), but last week I got
Gran Turismo 4 at Walmart for $45. New games are often cheaper by $5
at Walmart.

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jay&B wrote:
>> I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I
>> thought it would be more
>> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid
>> just this much?
> <snip>
>
> I didn't (I got mine at CompUSA for full price), but last week I got
> Gran Turismo 4 at Walmart for $45. New games are often cheaper by $5
> at Walmart.

What I don't understand is the difference of price at different
Walmart's.
I plan to go to Walmart in the morning. Bet I have to pay close to 35
dollars.

I'm going to Best Buy to buy a new DVD player for my other TV, but bet
University will
be higher at Best Buy.

> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Jay&B wrote:
> >> I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I
> >> thought it would be more
> >> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid
> >> just this much?
> > <snip>
> >
> > I didn't (I got mine at CompUSA for full price), but last week I got
> > Gran Turismo 4 at Walmart for $45. New games are often cheaper by $5
> > at Walmart.
> >

> What I don't understand is the difference of price at different
> Walmart's.
> I plan to go to Walmart in the morning. Bet I have to pay close to 35
> dollars.
>
> I'm going to Best Buy to buy a new DVD player for my other TV, but bet
> University will
> be higher at Best Buy.
>

> ....B

It could be the difference between living in a state with sales tax and one
without.

I got mine at Target for 34.99 because I had a gift card. Best way to spend
it that I could think of.

Kelly

I got it at walmart for 29$.....price should be good thru sunday
shelly

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought it
>would be more
> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
> this much? That is how much
> the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.
>
> I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.
>
> Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)
>
> ...B

I'm getting the UK version from Amazon for £11.98 inc p&p!
I did have to cash in 20,000 points id collected on a survey website to get
a £5 Amazon discount voucher.
I thought it was a worthy cause. :eek:)

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought
> it would be more
> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
> this much? That is how much
> the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.
>
> I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.
>
> Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)
>
> ...B

noname

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought it
>would be more
> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
> this much? That is how much
> the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.
>
> I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.
>
> Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)

At the one I work at it's $29.86 +tax. (NC) What I'm not exactly
understanding is how I saved $15.00 preordering it from EA with the birthday
coupon they sent me. I paid $25.94 total, with shipping which was standard
4-5 day shipping.

Oh...my game was here when I got home from the doctors this afternoon. Still
can't play it as the dvd-rom on the kids computer isn't working and my Sims
2 is DVD. Ah wells.

noname

Okay answering you here.
I really have no idea how much it is at our store right now as i have kept
myself away from that section, lol.............will power!
But usually the first week it is out, it will be cheaper.
After the first week, it will go up..............this goes for movies too,
best time to get them is the first week.
Different walmarts have different prices because of the areas they are in.
For instance, our walmart is in the 'rich' area of town so our prices are a
bit higher than some of the others in 'poorer' areas. But at the same time,
we have a Target, Goody's, Old Navy and a few other well known stores in the
same shopping center as we are in............so a lot of competition there
too.
As for me, I will probably wait until next week or later to get the game so
I can use my discount and get some money off.
By the way, most walmarts do price matches too...........so if you find it
somewhere else and it is cheaper, we may match the price.........but bring
the ad of the place that has it cheaper. Walmart will not price match on
things from other walmarts.

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought
> it would be more
> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
> this much? That is how much
> the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.
>
> I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.
>
> Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)
>
> ...B

Mine was 29.97 and then i got my discount, yet i STILL havent insatllaed it.

"PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Mine was 29.97 and then i got my discount, yet i STILL havent
> insatllaed it.

Piper, do you work for Walmart? I noticed on their website it is $34.82.
I just can't understand why so many different prices for Walmart?? I
really don't want to go to
Walmart in the morning. LOL I think I'm gonna pay a couple dollars more
if that is the case &
go to Best Buy where I want to buy my DVD player. I want to save time!
hehe

......B

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:07:17 -0600, "Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Now I read somebody got it at Walmart for $32.26. I don't understand
>that.

Inflation? Hehe...

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:10:36 -0600, "Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>go to Best Buy where I want to buy my DVD player. I want to save time!
>hehe

So you can get home and play? ;-)

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:10:36 -0600, "Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net>
> wrote:
>
>>go to Best Buy where I want to buy my DVD player. I want to save time!
>>hehe
>
> So you can get home and play? ;-)

How did you ever guess?? LOL

Jay&B wrote:

> "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
>>Mine was 29.97 and then i got my discount, yet i STILL havent
>>insatllaed it.
>

> Piper, do you work for Walmart? I noticed on their website it is $34.82.
> I just can't understand why so many different prices for Walmart?? I
> really don't want to go to
> Walmart in the morning. LOL I think I'm gonna pay a couple dollars more
> if that is the case &
> go to Best Buy where I want to buy my DVD player. I want to save time!
> hehe

Our Wally World offers a "match the best deal" policy. So if someone
early in the week showed up with a printed ad proving it's $5 off down
the road, they'll print up a sign and hang it, and delare it to be the
$5 off too.

Your Best Buy may do the same.

What amazed me is that Kmart is no longer selling computer games.
Console games, yes, but not computer games. (Kmart is closer, so I
braved the snow yesterday). I may try Wally World this morning but I
really hate shopping there.

-georg

> Okay answering you here.
> I really have no idea how much it is at our store right now as i have
> kept
> myself away from that section, lol.............will power!
> But usually the first week it is out, it will be cheaper.
> After the first week, it will go up..............this goes for movies
> too,
> best time to get them is the first week.
> Different walmarts have different prices because of the areas they are
> in.
> For instance, our walmart is in the 'rich' area of town so our prices
> are a
> bit higher than some of the others in 'poorer' areas. But at the same
> time,
> we have a Target, Goody's, Old Navy and a few other well known stores
> in the
> same shopping center as we are in............so a lot of competition
> there
> too.
> As for me, I will probably wait until next week or later to get the
> game so
> I can use my discount and get some money off.
> By the way, most walmarts do price matches too...........so if you
> find it
> somewhere else and it is cheaper, we may match the price.........but
> bring
> the ad of the place that has it cheaper. Walmart will not price match
> on
> things from other walmarts.

Thanks Bluegenie2 for this information. I didn't know about some of it.
:)
I did get it this morning at one of our Walmart's which is a Super
Walmart & it was
$29.87! Yippee that is 5 dollars cheaper than most other places around
here.
Strange part is it was around 10 am....they didn't even have them out on
the shelves. LOL
It's not the people that work there......it IS the management!! I bet
you know what I'm talking about. :)
The other Super Walmart which is further away from me is really a lot
better regarding management. haha

Hope you're feeling better, thanks again!

.....B

>Yeah, i work for wally world but it was 29.96 reg. price.

> > Piper, do you work for Walmart? I noticed on their website it is $34.82.
> > I just can't understand why so many different prices for Walmart?? I
> > really don't want to go to
> > Walmart in the morning. LOL I think I'm gonna pay a couple dollars more
> > if that is the case &
> > go to Best Buy where I want to buy my DVD player. I want to save time!
> > hehe

Why does it make a difference if your sims is DVD? I don't think that
matters, the EP is the same CDs for everyone. Or do you mean your own
computer won't play CDs? Send the kids round to their friends' houses, I
say.

Best wishes
Maxon

"noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> At the one I work at it's $29.86 +tax. (NC) What I'm not exactly
> understanding is how I saved $15.00 preordering it from EA with the
birthday
> coupon they sent me. I paid $25.94 total, with shipping which was standard
> 4-5 day shipping.
>
> Oh...my game was here when I got home from the doctors this afternoon.
Still
> can't play it as the dvd-rom on the kids computer isn't working and my
Sims
> 2 is DVD. Ah wells.
>
> noname

noname

"Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Why does it make a difference if your sims is DVD? I don't think that
> matters, the EP is the same CDs for everyone. Or do you mean your own
> computer won't play CDs? Send the kids round to their friends' houses, I
> say.

The dvd drive on my kids computer is toast. Temporarily solved that by
taking the one off my computer and into the kids pc. Ironically, I can play
Sims 2 now, which is the dvd version, but not Uni...as my Uni disk 1 is
defective.

noname

--
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=525794

Oh Stuff!

Back to the shop then?

> "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Why does it make a difference if your sims is DVD? I don't think that
> > matters, the EP is the same CDs for everyone. Or do you mean your own
> > computer won't play CDs? Send the kids round to their friends' houses,
> > say.
>
> The dvd drive on my kids computer is toast. Temporarily solved that by
> taking the one off my computer and into the kids pc. Ironically, I can
play
> Sims 2 now, which is the dvd version, but not Uni...as my Uni disk 1 is
> defective.
>
> noname
>
> --
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=525794

Yep I got mine this afternoon at Walmart for a $29.97.+ tax.

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought
> it would be more
> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
> this much? That is how much
> the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.
>
> I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.
>
> Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)
>
> ...B

Bibble

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

I got mine today at Walmart for $29.87 + tax, so that is probably about it
for Walmart.

On a side note, I also got a few of those Swoops candy containers. While a
pack of 3 costs $1.44, getting them individually from a display on the end
of an aisle costs $0.31 each... Good savings there if you buy a bunch of
individuals...

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:09:51 GMT, "noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>I read where somebody bought University at Walmart for $29.87. I thought it
>>would be more
>> like around 35 dollars. Has anybody else who got it at Walmart paid just
>> this much? That is how much
>> the EP's cost for Sims1. I wouldn't mind saving about 5 dollars.
>>
>> I was debating about Best Buy or Walmart.
>>
>> Bluegenie2, I bet you know! :)
>

>At the one I work at it's $29.86 +tax. (NC) What I'm not exactly
>understanding is how I saved $15.00 preordering it from EA with the birthday
>coupon they sent me. I paid $25.94 total, with shipping which was standard
>4-5 day shipping.
>
>Oh...my game was here when I got home from the doctors this afternoon. Still
>can't play it as the dvd-rom on the kids computer isn't working and my Sims
>2 is DVD. Ah wells.
>
>noname

EP1 works on the DVD & CD versions of the game.

After you install EP1, You will need to use your EP1 CD from then on
to play the game, though....not the DVD.

I have the DVD version of Sims2, as well.

SF