cinch or scart?

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 25, 2004 12:47:38 AM

Is there any difference in quality between using the cinch connectors or the
scart connector of my sat receiver, for recording video and audio?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/

ICQ 326628

More about : cinch scart

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 10:52:35 PM

"Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote in message
> Is there any difference in quality between using the cinch connectors or
the
> scart connector of my sat receiver, for recording video and audio?
>

> --
> regards,
>
> |\ /|
> | \/ |@rk
> \../
> \/os
>
> mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
> URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/
>
> ICQ 326628

If you are recording to a VCR, then the picture you get through the scart
will be the same as that of the phono connectors, this being composite.

If you are recording to a DVD recorder that is capable of recording in RGB
like the Panasonic DMRs, then recording via Scart is the best option, as
this is RGB.

Hope that helps!

--
For free calls: http://www.bextech.me.uk/talktalk.htm
For Mobile Phone Offers: http://bextechtelecom.2u.co.uk

"Central TV" <no.spam@please.ctvuk.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote in message
> > Is there any difference in quality between using the cinch connectors or
> the
> > scart connector of my sat receiver, for recording video and audio?
> >

> > --
> > regards,
> >
> > |\ /|
> > | \/ |@rk
> > \../
> > \/os
> >
> > mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
> > URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/
> >
> > ICQ 326628
> >

> If you are recording to a VCR, then the picture you get through the scart
> will be the same as that of the phono connectors, this being composite.
>
> If you are recording to a DVD recorder that is capable of recording in RGB
> like the Panasonic DMRs, then recording via Scart is the best option, as
> this is RGB.

I'm recording to AVI on the PC containing a Matrox Marvel G450eTV 32 MB.
(AGP). This has connectors for composite (which I use now) and for s-video
input. After editing on the PC I render the recording to DVD compliant MPG,
assemble and burn to DVD. The old fashion way perhaps.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/

ICQ 326628
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:28:11 AM

> "Central TV" <no.spam@please.ctvuk.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> >
> > "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote in message
> > > Is there any difference in quality between using the cinch connectors
or
> > the
> > > scart connector of my sat receiver, for recording video and audio?
> > >

> > > --
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > |\ /|
> > > \../
> > > \/os
> > >
> > > mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
> > > URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/
> > >
> > > ICQ 326628
> > >

> > If you are recording to a VCR, then the picture you get through the
scart
> > will be the same as that of the phono connectors, this being composite.
> >
> > If you are recording to a DVD recorder that is capable of recording in
RGB
> > like the Panasonic DMRs, then recording via Scart is the best option, as
> > this is RGB.
> >

> I'm recording to AVI on the PC containing a Matrox Marvel G450eTV 32 MB.
> (AGP). This has connectors for composite (which I use now) and for s-video
> input. After editing on the PC I render the recording to DVD compliant
MPG,
> assemble and burn to DVD. The old fashion way perhaps.
>

> --
> regards,
>
> |\ /|
> | \/ |@rk
> \../
> \/os
>
> mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
> URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/
>
> ICQ 326628

If you can output S-Video on the scart from your satellite system (some
can), I'd use that as that is a lot better than composite but not quite as
good as RGB. If not continue as is.

--
!