Sign in with
Your question

Which power supply is best for me?

Last response: in Components
May 12, 2009 4:25:45 AM

hi everyone...

my computer set up would be:

- cooler master haf rc932 = case
- 1 or maybe 2 9800gtx 1gb, or even in the future 1 or 2 gtx 295 = graphics card
- 4gb ddr2 ram (don't know what to choose 800, 1000, 1600ghz) = ram
- currently 13'' monitor but in the future 22'' or 26' = monitor
- 2 1tb hard drives

at the moment i don't know what motherboard to buy but i was hoping for a motherboard that can suport my needs and be under $200 australian dollars.

also i don't know what power supply i should buy, can someone please help?

now the thing is 70% of the time when i'm using my computer i would be downloading and surfing the net and sometimes i would be playing high quality games such crysis.

More about : power supply

May 12, 2009 6:33:23 AM

I don't get it, are you looking for a new power supply or a motherboard?

Your choice of monitor shouldn't affect your PSU choice, unless you plan to power your display through your CPU. Based on what you're planning to get first, a 500W power supply should be enough for your needs.

I suggest you visit the New Build forum and ask for advice there. Make sure to read the How to Ask For New Build Advice thread!
May 12, 2009 6:47:51 AM

what is you cpu?

please refer to the link of r_manic:D 
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
May 12, 2009 7:35:00 AM

Well it would be better if you could maintain a single thread...And ask all you question in a single thread...
And like r_manic said make sure your read the stickies...
a b ) Power supply
May 12, 2009 10:49:53 AM

1. What CPU do you have?
2. Do you want to do high OC?
a c 121 ) Power supply
May 12, 2009 12:47:52 PM

If you want a pair of high-powered GPUs, you'll need more than 500W. Even if it is a little more than you need, a 750W PSU will operate in its highest efficiency range with a SLI build like that.
Choose a quality brand like Antec, Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, or Enermax.
!