Which power supply is best for me?

hi everyone...

my computer set up would be:

- cooler master haf rc932 = case
- 1 or maybe 2 9800gtx 1gb, or even in the future 1 or 2 gtx 295 = graphics card
- 4gb ddr2 ram (don't know what to choose 800, 1000, 1600ghz) = ram
- currently 13'' monitor but in the future 22'' or 26' = monitor
- 2 1tb hard drives

at the moment i don't know what motherboard to buy but i was hoping for a motherboard that can suport my needs and be under $200 australian dollars.

also i don't know what power supply i should buy, can someone please help?

now the thing is 70% of the time when i'm using my computer i would be downloading and surfing the net and sometimes i would be playing high quality games such crysis.
5 answers Last reply
More about which power supply
  1. I don't get it, are you looking for a new power supply or a motherboard?

Your choice of monitor shouldn't affect your PSU choice, unless you plan to power your display through your CPU. Based on what you're planning to get first, a 500W power supply should be enough for your needs.

I suggest you visit the New Build forum and ask for advice there. Make sure to read the How to Ask For New Build Advice thread!
  2. what is you cpu?

please refer to the link of r_manic:D
  3. Well it would be better if you could maintain a single thread...And ask all you question in a single thread...
    And like r_manic said make sure your read the stickies...
  4. 1. What CPU do you have?
    2. Do you want to do high OC?
  5. If you want a pair of high-powered GPUs, you'll need more than 500W. Even if it is a little more than you need, a 750W PSU will operate in its highest efficiency range with a SLI build like that.
    Choose a quality brand like Antec, Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, or Enermax.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components