Closed

WD Caviar Black.

I brought this WD Caviar black, 64mb Cache, Duel Processors and Sata6, and Im having some *** boot times, and only around 75-90 mb/s both read+write.

Running on Asus ROG IV, 1090T, Dominator 1600Mhz Memory, and 850W Corsair, anything I need to change to make it work proberly with this setup, MB?

Thanks in Advance! :)
11 answers Last reply
More about caviar black
  1. Have you installed it in correct port?
  2. Im pretty sure, the Red ones pointing to the right.
  3. If it uses WD's new advanced format, you'll need to use their advanced formatting utility under Win XP in order to get the performance gains.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/advancedformat/
  4. Quote:
    LOL

haha :p
  5. If the drive you have is one of the five WD models that MAY have been affected by a firmware settings issue where SATA III was not enabled you will need the console application from WD Support to fix.

These are the models that MAY be affected:

WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0
    WD7502AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD6402AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD5002AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD5002AAEX-32Y9A0

I had 4 drives, model number WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0, that had the problem and are all now running fine after applying the fix. If your model is listed above you can PM me your email address and I can send you the WD console application.
  6. I also have a WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 and was wondering if you had a link to the fix from WD
  7. cega said:
    If the drive you have is one of the five WD models that MAY have been affected by a firmware settings issue where SATA III was not enabled you will need the console application from WD Support to fix.

WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0
    WD7502AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD6402AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD5002AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD5002AAEX-32Y9A0

I had 4 drives, model number WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0, that had the problem and are all now running fine after applying the fix. If your model is listed above you can PM me your email address and I can send you the WD console application.

-----------------------

I am having the same issue using ASUS board. Can you tell me what apps? I will appreciate. My email is mahbubul@sbcglobal.net
  8. Quote:
    cega wrote :

If the drive you have is one of the five WD models that MAY have been affected by a firmware settings issue where SATA III was not enabled you will need the console application from WD Support to fix.

WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0
    WD7502AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD6402AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD5002AAEX-00Y9A0
    WD5002AAEX-32Y9A0

I am interested in if this utility would be worthwhile to be run on the WD6402AAEX-00Y9A0 in my Win7 64bit setup? I just installed it andthen came across this thread. If someone knows please resond and I will check back to get back in touch about it. Thank You!
  9. cega, please post the link here so that those who need it may benefit. Thank you!
  10. Disclaimer:
    I have NOT yet created the below specified steps.
    You can find the original steps in : http://community.wd.com/t5/Desktop-Mobile-Drives/WD1002FAEX-only-being-detected-by-controller-as-SATA-II/td-p/42015/page/2
  11. Please dont post in months old threads much less one that is almost a year old.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Western Digital Caviar Storage