Athlon X2 6000+ Multiplier in AOD

mdflores

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I just installed the latest AMD Overdrive Software (3.0.2) and I was surprised to see that my Athlon X2 6000+ runs from 1HGz to 3GHz, instead of a steady 3GHz (as I was expecting). When I further checked the details in the AOD Interface, I saw that the multiplier was fluctuating from 15 to as low as 5 at 200MHz. Is this normal? Should the multiplier be fixed at 15?

Also, the PC instantly hangs when I start the auto-tuning in the AOD novice mode (doesn't get pass through the warning notice - hangs when i click the OK button). I am using Vista 64-bit Ultimate SP1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

loneninja

Distinguished
It's called cool n quiet, drops your cpu multiplier and should also lower your voltage to conserve power while cpu usage is low. If for whatever reason you don't want to save power, you can go into your motherboards BIOS and disable cool n quiet, or if you go into your power options and into the advanced options of whichever power mode your using, find processor power management and bring its minimum back up to 100%

Personally I've had nothing but bad experiences with AOD on several different builds using Vista in both 32bit and 64bit. I'd overclock manually in the BIOS if I were you.