Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Corsair 850 watt

Last response: in Components
Share
May 13, 2009 5:13:16 AM

Hey i was just wondering will i be able to connect 7 120mm fans and 1 80mm fan to this as well as my other parts without trouble. Im pretty new to building pc's and I dont know if i will need an adapter for more cables or something like that.

More about : corsair 850 watt

a c 248 ) Power supply
May 13, 2009 6:59:07 AM

Yes. You can connect the fans so that only one 4-pin molex psu power cable connection is required. Whether or not you will need an inexpensive adapter cable or splitter cable depends on the connector(s) attached to your fans.
May 13, 2009 9:25:21 AM

smokey197 said:
Hey i was just wondering will i be able to connect 7 120mm fans and 1 80mm fan to this as well as my other parts without trouble. Im pretty new to building pc's and I dont know if i will need an adapter for more cables or something like that.


I've ran 3-way SLI off that power supply as well as dual HD 4870 X2's and dual GTX 295's. There's not much a normal build can put on it that will defeat this power supply.
Related resources
a c 144 ) Power supply
May 13, 2009 1:01:20 PM

That many fans will pull around 2 amps off the 12 volt line.

Why do you need so many fans?
a c 139 ) Power supply
May 13, 2009 1:04:46 PM

jsc said:
Why do you need so many fans?
I hope its not to pull the smoke out of his PC case.
a c 139 ) Power supply
May 13, 2009 1:10:35 PM

You still planning on Phenom II x4 955 and 2x 4980s in CM RC-690 case? 850W is a lot more than you need.
With everything you've listed so far you're still going to be under 500W DC power used by your system.
May 13, 2009 2:32:56 PM

I know, but i plan to overclock and add more things in the future. Im also a little confused on the wattage for the 955. I saw in the benchmarks on here that it uses around 300 watts on load. Is that right?
a c 139 ) Power supply
May 13, 2009 2:46:55 PM

smokey197 said:
I saw in the benchmarks on here that it uses around 300 watts on load.
That would be for the entire system - not must the CPU. And its usually the wattage read at the wall socket so its not the actual DC wattage being used by the system. If they're seeing 300watts AC at he wall socket and the PSU is 85% efficient then the system is actually taking 255watts DC from the PSU.
May 13, 2009 3:16:56 PM

I was also really wanting to go to around 4ghz + with water cooling and overclocking the gpu. So will the 750 handle that?


a b ) Power supply
May 13, 2009 4:20:55 PM

smokey197 said:
I was also really wanting to go to around 4ghz + with water cooling and overclocking the gpu. So will the 750 handle that?


Yes.
!