• Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 27, 2010 2:23:27 PM

Just a quick question why is it i cant unlock the hidden cores of my AMD procie

heres my complete set

AMD athlon x2 5000 2.2ghz
Batch: 0938APMW
mobo: asrock N68c-GS UCC and ASRock a785gm-LE/128m

Does asrock board are not good on unlocking cores or its my procie that is not unlockable at all?

kindly notify me if i post on a wrong thread and kindly guide me where to put my inquiries thanks in advance..

More about : amd unlocking true cores

a b À AMD
a c 190 K Overclocking
August 27, 2010 2:33:11 PM

You cant guarantee unlocking of cores on chips I'm afraid,
some are defective or unstable chips, some are good chips locked to fill a market gap, its a gamble,
AsRock boards are as good as any for unlocking, I know because I have two x435's botth unlocked on M3a770DE plates,
Sounds like you gambled and lost my friend, Sorry
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 27, 2010 8:26:44 PM

Well not only that its a gamble but you have to have the right cpu :p  For any of the Athlon series it's rare not unlikely but just rare because they aren't made on the Deneb architecture. So the new Athlons usually unlock to the Propus line.

Yours however is not unlockable. =P Sorry to say this but unless you had the Kuma series then sure but that chip is a bit back on the unlocking period.
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
August 28, 2010 6:52:33 PM

aznshinobi said:
Well not only that its a gamble but you have to have the right cpu :p  For any of the Athlon series it's rare not unlikely but just rare because they aren't made on the Deneb architecture. So the new Athlons usually unlock to the Propus line.

Yours however is not unlockable. =P Sorry to say this but unless you had the Kuma series then sure but that chip is a bit back on the unlocking period.

His chip is actually a Deneb die, that version of the Athlon X2 5000 was for sale last year. It's the only 45nm Athlon X2, also the only chip defective AM2+ Deneb chips were made from. It's a Phenom II X4 940/920 with the L3 cache locked, 2 cores locked, clock speed dropped to 2.2Ghz, and north bridge dropped to 1.6Ghz.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 28, 2010 8:28:22 PM

Darnnn youuu loneninja
m
l
August 28, 2010 8:50:13 PM

I'm not sure what your BIOS looks like, but you should try to up the your core voltages slightly.. maybe 0.05V.
m
l
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2010 1:56:24 PM

You say you can't unlock them but what happens when you try?
m
l
September 1, 2010 2:14:26 AM

@stardude82
I tried increasing its vcore by .05v increment respectively but seems to be no chance at all

@simon12

it wont boot just black screen after ucc/acc enabling and saving my changes.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2010 3:00:18 AM

Then your cpu can't unlock. If your going to have to reset the CMOS or switch the jumper, your CPU isn't unlockable if that happens after UCC/ACC > Save changes.
m
l
!