heart_stoler77

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Hi,

in my windows xp operating system, i have installed yahoo messenger but i can't find the covertions when i chat to other.

i was checked all the general and privacy options and also cheked the messeges options but can't view the chat convertions when i chat, and "offline messeges" have so many times uninstalle yahoo messenger and re intalled but its shows same error as i indicated to you above, when remove the yahoo setup file it gives " dll " file error so please help me in this regd

thanks..

Hello,

ok let me try to make sense out of your post, you are trying to see conversation logs that you've had in the past and you're having trouble with that.

I haven't had much experience with yahoo messenger, other ones I've used usually stored the user pertinent files either in My Documents folder, Applications Data folder (Found in C:\Documents and Settings\username\) or in Program Files folder in the program's install folder.

However, to view the said logs, unless they are stored in html or txt format you typically need to go through the messenger program itself. There should be an option to view your conversations with a contact somewhere within the messenger, or simply open the conversation window and try to scroll up.

Now, regarding the fact that you've uninstalled and reinstalled the application several times, that might have gotten rid of any conversation logs you had in the past. can't say for sure.

Also, the DLL error, I'm not sure exactly what the problem is and where you are getting it... you are trying to remove a setup file... Ok I don't know which setup file you're talking about or how/where you are trying to remove it. "dll file error" is rather non-specific, so I can't tell which dll is even causing the problem.
You need to provide more info regarding this last part of your message.