ATI Radeon X1950 Pro AGP

Sk87

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
I was using my computer and all of a sudden the monitor went black. I restarted the computer. I can't see anything on my monitor as the computer turns on. The monitor is on. And the display says "NO SIGNAL." I'm sure all the wires are connected. And the computer is turning on (I can hear it making sounds it normally does when I turn it on). So I'm pretty sure the computer is operating.

Is my video card fried? Can it be fixed by simply buying a new video card?

G

I am upgrading my pc and looking at graphics cards i noticed that my present card
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 513mb AGP is retailing at around £80 new and a little lower b-grade. Is this correct?
I was just going to throw it out but i may sell this to go towards my upgrade costs.
Can someone confirm that i'm not seeing things as i presumed AGP was dead and it's cards had de-valued to very little cost.

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I am upgrading my pc and looking at graphics cards i noticed that my present card
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 513mb AGP is retailing at around £80 new and a little lower b-grade. Is this correct?
I was just going to throw it out but i may sell this to go towards my upgrade costs.
Can someone confirm that i'm not seeing things as i presumed AGP was dead and it's cards had de-valued to very little cost.

I would sell it.

G

Obviously but for how much would i get for it which is what i'm asking

Raziaar

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I've been suffering through this issue for about a year now. Pretty much nothing you do will fix it. It'll come and go as it pleases. Some times it will happen a lot, sometimes it won't happen for months.

I have a new fan/heatsink, and I have the VRM's with heatsinks on and everything. My temperatures are fine, but the problem still happens.

the x1950 agp card is the worst card I have ever owned. The performance on it is terrible in games, and lowering graphics settings never works either. This is after trying all sorts of drivers too.

And of course the most annoying thing is the loss of signal to the card.

booree

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
This card should have two DVI connectors .. just try the second one. If this not helps use the latest ATI drivers .. full catalyst pack. Then try any older once. I had the same problem. Keep changing the drivers. I have had the same issue before

Please read the dates on posts before replaying to them!