Where to download Media Player for Pocket PC?

September 23, 2004 8:11:06 PM

Hi. I can't seem to find where to download Media Player
for the Pocket PC. I have an iPAQ Runing Pocket PC version
3.0.11171 (is that the same as 2002?).

Where can I download Media Player or a similar (free) program?

Thanks for the help.

-Steve Taggart
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 5:55:03 AM

WMP 7.1:

WMP 8.0:

Dave
www.davespda.com
Microsoft MVP (Mobile Devices)

"Steve Taggart" <steven_taggart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I can't seem to find where to download Media Player
> for the Pocket PC. I have an iPAQ Runing Pocket PC version
> 3.0.11171 (is that the same as 2002?).
>
> Where can I download Media Player or a similar (free) program?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> -Steve Taggart

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:06:50 PM

Hello,

I just bought a Dell Axim X30 that has Windows Pocket PC 2003 SE and am
tring to develope a video streaming application using Windows Media Player
ActivcX control.

Can I use WMP 8.0 with Windows Pocket PC 2003 SE?

Thanks
TSK

"David Conger, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <dave at davespda.com> wrote in
message news:#TxLw#GpEHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> WMP 7.1:

a037-64f8c8def172&DisplayLang=en

> WMP 8.0:

b557-9f4c2ddc3318&DisplayLang=en

> --
> Dave
> www.davespda.com
> Microsoft MVP (Mobile Devices)
>
> "Steve Taggart" <steven_taggart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. I can't seem to find where to download Media Player
> > for the Pocket PC. I have an iPAQ Runing Pocket PC version
> > 3.0.11171 (is that the same as 2002?).
> >
> > Where can I download Media Player or a similar (free) program?
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > -Steve Taggart

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 1:20:54 AM

AFAIK you can't. WMP8 is built in to PPC2003 (and the SE update) and
cannot be removed. I can't think of a way to run them side by side

WMP9 has more complex registry settings which could conflict -
although if you look closely in the registry there are settings for
version 8 too (even though it's not installed).

What is it you want to do on 2003SE that you can't with WMP9 ?

Cheers - Neil

!