Sign in with
Your question

DVD not loading

Last response: in Storage
August 23, 2010 6:26:48 AM

The CD/DVD drive on my COMPAK (Presario) laptop has stopped recognizing any DVD inserted into the storage drive but operates only the CDs properly. How can I get it to recognize and operate the DVDs also?

More about : dvd loading

a b G Storage
August 23, 2010 4:54:58 PM

Have you tried updating the drivers, or for that matter, rolling them back? I'd start there - you can usually find them at the manufacturer website.
September 2, 2010 1:55:05 AM

It came as a surprise to me when I was informed that my CD/DVD drive installed in my 'COMPAQ - Presario' lap-top is not equipped to read 'Re-writable' DVDs.
Related resources
September 2, 2010 2:35:33 AM

Khalid, after downloading the updated drivers from the manufacturer website, make sure you uninstall the old drivers first before installing the new drivers, sometimes old and new drivers may get confused and cause errors or the drivers to not work properly. If the driver update does not work, and the problem still endures, try flashing the drive and updating its firmware. Usually updated firmware can be also found on the manufacturer's website of the drive itself. If all else fails, I would try doing a system restore if you have made any. Last on the list is replace the drive. Thats just my two cents, hope it helps.
September 13, 2010 5:31:45 PM

Thanks - I will try your suggested action also. I know that I had recorded these rewritable DVDs from my laptop and then, fortunately copied the data from the DVDs onto my 500 GB storage device. Therefore, my stuff is safe. However, now that I want to reuse these DVDs to record some other stuff – they are showing the DVDs as full without displaying any data on them.

Thanks
September 20, 2010 11:24:14 AM

I had a similar issue ith an XP machine that was resolved by resetting the upper & lower filters in the registry - this Microsoft article describes it. Of course there may be differences with Vista, but it might point you in the right direction.

Download Vlc Player
!