No output to rear speakers

ice24790

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Ok so I have rear output to my speakers as long as I'm using my computer but I have my tv connected to line in on my onboard sound card (headphone jack adapter from red/white) I understand its only going to be in stereo but is there any way to duplicate the sound in the front speakers to the back? If I use say vlc to stream line in it plays all 4 but there's about 1/2 second lag time between audio/video. Also I was looking at Creative - PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card because it has optical in but will that clear up the lag time?

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
im not sure if there is an option for that. when i use Jetaudio for music, it gives the option for multichannel sound. I looked through my settings. Make sure that you have the correct speaker configuration in the sounds settings. Sorry I didnt offer much help.

ice24790

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
im not sure if there is an option for that. when i use Jetaudio for music, it gives the option for multichannel sound. I looked through my settings. Make sure that you have the correct speaker configuration in the sounds settings. Sorry I didnt offer much help.

That doesnt stream audio from line in port (that i noticed anyway) and when i use vlc or winamp audio works fine through all 5 speakers its only when i use my tv. it sends audio to my line in and the desktop plays it in real time w/o needing a program but it only plays front 2 speakers and i want it to play in back as well as front.