Safely Remove Internal Hardrive?!

I have a newly bought western digital 320gb SATA after 1week the icon appears. How to remove this annoying safely remove icon on my task bar? :(
9 answers Last reply
More about safely remove internal hardrive
  1. As far as i know, you can hide it, but you can't get rid of it. (For XP) Right-click on the task bar, click properties, then click the customize button on the taskbar tab.
  2. SATA drives are hot-swap capable, i think that's why that option appears.
  3. This Microsoft paper includes information about Registry changes you can set so that the system will treat the drive as not removable.
  4. Thanks guys.. hope it works..:)
  5. HELP!!!! nothing happens:( the safely remove icon is still there:(
  6. Did you try hiding it? SATA hard drives will show up there if the chipset supports hot swap and you are using AHCI in the BIOS.

I don't see why it matters anyhow. If it's a system drive you can't accidently unmount it anyhow.
  7. As already mentioned by others, AHCI allows you to "hot swap" internal drives. You can't remove the drive containing a running Windows installation though, because it is constantly in use and therefore can't be unmounted.
  8. servico said:
    HELP!!!! nothing happens:( the safely remove icon is still there:(
    What drive number are you trying to set, and exactly which registry key and value did you change?
  9. I had the same problem too. My SATA6 "C" drive was being shown as being removable. After doing a lot of Googling I found none of the suggestions worked. My system is a
    Z77X-D3H Gigabyte MB with a WDC 1002FAEX as my system drive. What I did to fix the problem was go to "Device Manager-Storage Controllers-Marvell 91xx-Policies" and uncheck the box that says "Enable safely remove disks." Problem solved, for me. :pt1cable:
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Western Digital SATA Storage