Sign in with
Your question

There was a problem installing this hardware: HIDClass

Last response: in Windows XP
July 20, 2011 1:49:36 PM

There was a problem installing this hardware:

HIDClass

An error occurred during the installation of the device:
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am trying to install a Kensington Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer on an Panasonic CF-Y5 Laptop with Windows XP. I have another machine a Dell Optiplex GX620 and the Kensington Wireless Presenter works fine. All computers are currently up to date, but I don't understand why it is working on one computer and not the other.

Thanks,
July 20, 2011 8:56:19 PM

Just get the driver for the Kensington and install in laptop, perhaps your laptop has an earlier SP pack and includes less drivers.
m
l
July 21, 2011 3:59:10 AM

The device is simply plug and play. No disc or drivers came with it. Also there are no drivers for device on Kensington website. I called their tech support and they simply just told me to unplug and plug back in..
m
l
July 23, 2011 5:08:29 AM

Do you have a USB expander you plug it into ? If so make sure it's powered externally.
The only reason for a USB not to work is not enough power to support all devices plugged into USB ports. You can also update your USB drivers for the MB, drivers can go bad if defragging a lot, not to mention if your system was infected many times and cleaned. After updating drivers, reboot, then plug it in while in Windows.
m
l
!