Sign in with
Your question

My RAID 0 is failing and a SATA drive shows up as a SCSI drive!

Last response: in Storage
August 23, 2010 11:35:07 PM

I have two SATA2 250 GB Seagate Barracudas in Raid 0 on a GIGABYTE motherboard

(GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard)

And Vista has been telling me for over a year that my raid volume is failing and to backup immediately. Well, I’ve lost no data as far as I can tell and I want to know if there is a reason for this message. On boot I the status of the drives also indicates a problem. But I scanned the drives with some tool (I don't remember!) and it said they are functioning fine.

The computer is overclocked as well.

Another issue is with my backup drive. It’s a 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda SATA2, connected directly to the motherboard with a serial cable but it shows up as a SCSI USB drive and sometimes drops out on me.

I can go down to the “safely remove hardware” button by the clock and find the hard drive. If I stop this mystery SCSI device those volumes that are on the 1.5 TB Seagate disappear from my computer. What the hell?

I don’t have programs installed on this drive but sometimes I’ll be watching a movie from it and all of sudden the computer will crash with a blue screen (IIRC… maybe it just restarts, it’s been a long time since this happened.)

Thanks for any help!
Alan

I was going to give links to the specs of those things but they are all deactivated on newegg and you can only view them from the account page!
August 26, 2010 11:18:32 AM

No ideas?
m
l
!