My RAID 0 is failing and a SATA drive shows up as a SCSI drive!

I have two SATA2 250 GB Seagate Barracudas in Raid 0 on a GIGABYTE motherboard

(GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard)

And Vista has been telling me for over a year that my raid volume is failing and to backup immediately. Well, I’ve lost no data as far as I can tell and I want to know if there is a reason for this message. On boot I the status of the drives also indicates a problem. But I scanned the drives with some tool (I don't remember!) and it said they are functioning fine.

The computer is overclocked as well.

Another issue is with my backup drive. It’s a 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda SATA2, connected directly to the motherboard with a serial cable but it shows up as a SCSI USB drive and sometimes drops out on me.

I can go down to the “safely remove hardware” button by the clock and find the hard drive. If I stop this mystery SCSI device those volumes that are on the 1.5 TB Seagate disappear from my computer. What the hell?

I don’t have programs installed on this drive but sometimes I’ll be watching a movie from it and all of sudden the computer will crash with a blue screen (IIRC… maybe it just restarts, it’s been a long time since this happened.)

Thanks for any help!
Alan

I was going to give links to the specs of those things but they are all deactivated on newegg and you can only view them from the account page!
1 answer Last reply
More about raid failing sata drive shows scsi drive
  1. No ideas?
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Storage