GTX260 @@ Confused!

Which brand should I go with? Too many choices :p Btw, I do not live in the States therefore, EVGA's lifetime warranty bs wont apply for me :( It's only the GTX260, don't go on recommending some ATI card or the GTX285 or something. I got my mind set on the GTX260 and I am just confused about the brandings and stuff. I would like to get Asus as I am getting an Asus mobo, Deluxe P6T V2 :love: But I am not sure how their cards fair. And can anybody clear this up for me, I know it might be a stupid question but, is Physx a driver thing? or an actual feature sort of thing? Oh what the heck, just explain it to me. Thanks for your help! :bounce:
16 answers Last reply
More about gtx260 confused
  1. Well XFX or EVGA...then others follow...
  2. Well the easiest idea will be to check which brand is available in ur country and then take tat brand card...so u wont have to worry about the support...even if the warranty cover is not there, its better tat atleast they will repair it for u...
    But do check in nvidia's website for the partners list...
  3. Well all of them listed there are available over here, that's what i guess. Sure it will take me some time finding it, but I am pretty confident I can get those brands over here. Its just a matter of finding the right one. Maybe not the cheapest or the best, but somewhere in between would be nice. I have checked out XFX's black series range and been hearing mixed reviews about it. On one hand, some say its extremely good. But on the other, people say it wont last. As in it'll break down and stuff. And plus its pretty expensive too. I'll check EVGA out. Thanks.
  4. Default clocks aside, the rule I follow is this:

If you plan to step up to a better card withing 3 months, go with EVGA
    If not, go with XFX

The reason: Both offer lifetime warentees, but XFX's will also cover another owner after you sell the card. As such, XFX has slightly higher re-sell value over other brands.
  5. Never knew that. Thanks gamerk316. But I dont really intend to change within 3 months or so. It will prob last me at least a year and a half before I change/add another card. Just another question, can 750W psu run gtx260s sli?
  6. Cheese-kun said:
    Never knew that. Thanks gamerk316. But I dont really intend to change within 3 months or so. It will prob last me at least a year and a half before I change/add another card. Just another question, can 750W psu run gtx260s sli?

Depends on brand, efficency, ect. Still, my 750Watt can handle a 9800GX2, so I'd say "probably", although it could be close...
  7. Cheese-kun said:
    Never knew that. Thanks gamerk316. But I dont really intend to change within 3 months or so. It will prob last me at least a year and a half before I change/add another card. Just another question, can 750W psu run gtx260s sli?

I run 2 gtx 285 off my pc P&C 750 quad. As long as it is a good psu then yes 750 is enough.
  8. Okay. So it seems SLI 750W is a reality... and the polls are showing mainly EVGA or XFX.
  9. BFG also has the lifetime warranty (not sure about out of country), the trade up program, but also comes with neat stickers and a cool t-shirt. :)
    I guess I'm just a nonconformist
  10. If you overclock or change coolers with bfg you void their warranty
  11. what about xfx or evga? do u void warranty if you overclock?
  12. Hello,
    I know that XFX does not care what you do to the card (change heatsinks, overclock, flash bios) that is why i chose XFX. Their only stipulation is that if you need to return the card for service it MUST be in its original state (stock). so basically do whatever you want to the card, just make sure you don't break it in the process. you must be able to reapply the stock heatsink, bios ect.
  13. oh okay. i read somewhere that the xfx black edition 260s were the best stock overclocked? is that true?
  14. At 666mhz they were untill the 55nm GTX260s when I think EVGA came out with one at 675Mhz core. 55nm didnt make much performance difference as they used cheaper parts to cut cost.
  15. so 55nm cards are supposed to be cheaper than the 65nms?
  16. No because they didn't really pass the savings down to the consumer, it was mainly to widen their profit margin on them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics