Compound for overclocking

D

Deleted member 217926

I have had great results with IC Diamond. I have also had pretty good results with Arctic Silver 5 and their Ceramique product as well. I would recommend the IC Diamond after using it myself and reading the results of so many other tests both by websites and by individuals in these forums.

http://www.innovationcooling.com/

jrhii

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
I agree, it's isn't really any more expensive than the others and it has consistently shown good results for people. I'm happy with it, even if it is a little hard to clean out of nooks.

It's a lot thicker than the other stuff though. Pushing it out of the syringe feels like pushing syrup out of a 2 Cm syringe (which is sort of difficult).
I will say that you might have more problems with it depending on how your cooler clamps down. I have a mugen 2, which you just screw down to the end of the threads, and it provides equal pressure an plenty of it too. I'm not sure how some of those 775 pushpin type mounts would do, but I figure you shouldn't have too many problems with it.

That just means they got it right in the beginning.

Once you exceed a certain quality threshold, there isn't anything that is going to miraculously lower your temperatures.

jrhii

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
miniscule temp differences aside between all the different high end compounds:

Arctic Silver is electrically conductive, there are compounds like TX-3 or IC diamond which aren't, and allow you a lot more peace of mind when using it.

One more thing regarding Diamond: If you have to remove it, kind of gently twist off the heatsink and don't try to stake it straight off...I actually pulled my Phenom II out of the socket doing that, with it still firmly stuck to the HSF...Sliding it off worked fine, and it isn't something that would set into a stuck position, it is just so thick it can hold things onto it.

Actually I agree, IC7 is IC 24 carat is great compound is fantastic paste. I get great results with a 35$ cooler (35 because i got it for 45$ plus a rebate[CM V8]) Always below 59*C on full load for 24/7 folding Plus my voltages are pretty high and still it keeps it cool. (955 3.9ghz 1.49v) So I'd defiantly recommend IC 24 Carat as I got that for free! :D