Sign in with
Your question

GTX260 SLi or GTX295 please help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2009 4:54:04 PM

OK i'm building an i7 PC. I just can't decide on the GPU. I game @ 1680 x 1050 and like to play Crysis, COD4 and TDU. I can't upgrade again for probably around 3 years and need the best solution. Should I go GTX260SLi or GTX295?

What do you guys suggest??
Thanks.

More about : gtx260 sli gtx295

March 11, 2009 5:21:51 PM

2 260 GTX will be slower, but you have a higher chance of finding them cheaper than 1 295 GTX.

ever consider spending half the money now on 1 solid card, then maybe adding through out the years as necessary? That way you save the money, and if you ever do run into the brick wall, you can probably find that card for alot cheaper than now:) 

Thats my 2 cents:) 

Also consider waiting for the 4890 since it will most likely lower costs all around:D 
a c 165 U Graphics card
March 11, 2009 5:31:02 PM

On balance the twin card setup would be my choice, just for the sake of security; If one goes down you`ll still have a working system because in terms of performance there`s really nothing much to seperate them;

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/evga-gef...
Related resources
a c 165 U Graphics card
March 11, 2009 5:31:09 PM

On balance the twin card setup would be my choice, just for the sake of security; If one goes down you`ll still have a working system because in terms of performance there`s really nothing much to seperate them;

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/evga-gef...
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2009 5:43:08 PM

L1qu1d said:
2 260 GTX will be slower, but you have a higher chance of finding them cheaper than 1 295 GTX.

ever consider spending half the money now on 1 solid card, then maybe adding through out the years as necessary? That way you save the money, and if you ever do run into the brick wall, you can probably find that card for alot cheaper than now:) 

Also consider waiting for the 4890 since it will most likely lower costs all around:D 

I need to spend it all now as i'm taking advantage of interest free offers. My wife needs a new car next year and all the boring stuff so want a kick ass system while I can afford it now.

Anyone know when 4890 is being released?
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2009 5:43:26 PM

L1qu1d said:

I need to spend it all now as i'm taking advantage of interest free offers. My wife needs a new car next year and all the boring stuff so want a kick ass system while I can afford it now.

Anyone know when 4890 is being released?
!