Windows 7 Starcraft cd/dvd drive does not read disk

G

I just installed Windows 7. I know the cd/dvd player works because Windows 7 installed and I can still play Mass Effect 2 i.e. the game loads. But the cd/dvd drive does not spin up when I put in Starcraft 2 so I can't load game. Went to Windows site and tried their debugging scripts but to no avail.
Any idea where to check next?
Thanks,
Bill

G

I just installed Windows 7. I know the cd/dvd player works because Windows 7 installed and I can still play Mass Effect 2 i.e. the game loads. But the cd/dvd drive does not spin up when I put in Starcraft 2 so I can't load game. Went to Windows site and tried their debugging scripts but to no avail.
Also the Starcraft 2 game disk is OK because I installed game on my daughter's computer.
Also, I believe I just updated Driver from Dell site. Not sure how to check this though.

Any idea where to check next?
Thanks,
Bill

brotech

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I also had this problem. my installation got to about 50% or so and then would stop. Certain DVD drives simply don't like that disc. My laptop had no problem reading it so I ended up making an ISO of the disk and copying it onto my desktop. You can also download the whole game online from Blizzard if you have a fast connection.