Why is my computer making a high pitches beep?

Leahnora rodriguez

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
my computer tv and phone, provided by comcast, stopped working. i was able to fix the phone and the tv but my computer is making a non stop beeeeep! Please help me make it stop beeping

turn it off, it will stop for sure!

I'm not sure what type of high pitched beeps you are hearing, it could be a 56k modem trying to establish a connection it could be a motherboard speaker indicating some hardware fault.

without knowing what caused your comcast to die and why would a pc complain about ISP it's hard to say what the issue is.

try checking in device manager for hardware problems.

Are you sure it's the PC that's doing that and not a UPS attached to it? Turn off the PC, is it beeping? If it is, unplug it from wall power, is it beeping? If it is, the beeping is not from the PC. If you plug it in and it starts beeping, your power supply is bad. If it only starts beeping when you try to turn it on, your motherboard or RAM, or power supply again could be bad. I'm guessing you had a power outage or surge. Unless your service just stopped from comcast, but that would not cause the PC to beep. Also check to make sure you don't have anything pushing down on the keyboard or have stuck keys.