Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What PSU i need

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 31, 2010 11:34:01 AM

How much power do i need. to do overclock with all this parts.I am just worried i buy a PSU power is too little.

Intel I7-760
ASUS P7P55D EVO
Sapphire 5870 1GB
4x 2GB RAM DDR3
Creative X-fi titamium
2x 500 GB 7200 rpm hard disk
Lite-on 24x DvD burner

More about : psu

a c 183 K Overclocking
August 31, 2010 12:05:59 PM

A high quality 650w unit will power that according to the Corsair psu calculator.
So a Corsair,Antec,XFX,or Seasonic at 650w will do the job.
m
0
l
August 31, 2010 2:16:59 PM

davcon said:
A high quality 650w unit will power that according to the Corsair psu calculator.
So a Corsair,Antec,XFX,or Seasonic at 650w will do the job.


I want to get a Corsair HX PSU but i am just worried as different PSU calculator have different results. Hmm but if I want to do crossfire in the future and extremely overclock graphics card and CPU I will need 1000 watts....
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 183 K Overclocking
August 31, 2010 2:26:12 PM

progunnerboi said:
I want to get a Corsair HX PSU but i am just worried as different PSU calculator have different results. Hmm but if I want to do crossfire in the future and extremely overclock graphics card and CPU I will need 1000 watts....

You're correct if you xfire something you should have mentioned in your original post.
I used two different calculators with similiar results and the HX series is excellent i have one.
http://www.corsair.com/
http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html?Tp...
m
0
l
August 31, 2010 2:32:27 PM

davcon said:
I used two different calculators with similiar results and the HX series is excellent i have one.
http://www.corsair.com/
http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html?Tp...



Hmmm I wonder if i should get a HX750/850/1000. I dun know whether i will bother to overclock my CPU and GPU.If should 750 would be fine.Well If i Bother to overcome or crossfire,850 would be a better choice.And if i decide to do both 1000 watts.
m
0
l
a c 197 K Overclocking
September 3, 2010 1:41:10 PM

progunnerboi said:
Hmm but if I want to do crossfire in the future and extremely overclock graphics card and CPU I will need 1000 watts....

I can't say for sure about overclocking graphics cards, but overclocking a CPU will not significantly affect overall system power consumption.

Overclocking a CPU will increase its power consumption by about 25% or from about 7 or 8 amps to 10 or 11 amps.
m
0
l
!