d3thkn1ght

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Anybody know where there is a comprehensive, free, online guide to the latest hardware? I'm looking for a guide that has all the info in one place for the cpu models, chipsets, graphic cards, power supplies, different motherboard power connectors (atx, etc.) that have come out the last couple of years. I searched through the site but was not able to find all the info in one place.

Thanks.

But it's still not in one place.

I have never seen a guide like that in once place. I have seen books like that (not free), but by the time they are published, they are practically obsolete.

r_manic

Administrator
Indeed. The way I see it though, Tom's Hardware has more info available nowadays, and that's why everything's hard to follow perhaps? Maybe TH should present "summaries" like the page you shared, leaving the more detailed content for those who want to follow?

randomizer

Champion
There is alot of data in the current charts, but the problem is not the data it's the functionality. They are clunky and frustrating to use. The first page could be replaced by a dropdown rather than scrolling down the page to find the benchmark you are after. Not a major issue though. It's the comparison page that really bugs me. There are no graphs! Every other page has a bar graph but the comparison page just shows the individual values. For example: Tom's Hardware - Benchmark The Last Remnant

I also don't think it's really necessary to have blue bars when the card is not an NVIDIA OEM model. Perhaps if the cards were overclocked it might be worth making that clear, but perhaps with another distinct shade of green (or red for ATI cards) instead of blue.

r_manic

Administrator
YES! It's a hassle to scroll down the lonnnng list on the first page. And sometimes you don't even know which link to click, since it's not immediately clear what each benchmark represents!

Also, I'm thinking your example would've been a lot easier to follow if the numbers were superimposed on vertically rising bars, no?