Msi Afterburner Keeps putting voltage back to 1.164

G

Hi, this is my first post so please tell me if I am doing anything wrong.

I am using MSI afterburner 1.6.1 to overclock my MSI R5830.

I have managed to get the card stable using these settings: Voltage@ 1.220v, Clock at 950mhz, memory at 1205.

When I am using any 3d application, like a game, the voltage will randomly go back down to 1.164v causing the computer to crash.

I cannot figure out why this is happening, please help me out on this cuz I'm a noob =(

Thanks,
Randy

P.S. I've Already searched Google for this, I could not find anybody who is having the same problem.

G

No, it's running at about 85c full load.

From what i've heard this card should not go over 90c, correct me if i'm wrong.

Sometimes the voltage will go down even when the card is at like 76c.

G

Yeah, i have unlock voltage control and I also unlocked the unofficial overclocking.

I have not done voltage monitoring though, i'll go try that.

Thanks

XuhQshinR

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
So did you get it resolved or at least get anything figured out?
I have tried everything I could to get my R5830 Twin Frozer to run Battlefield Bad Company 2 and so far I have not been able to walk more than 20 paces in the game before crashing to desktop. At times I hear a high pitched sqeal coming from the card as it locks up and it is not coming from the fans.

I guess there is something with the suppliers shipping different voltage regulator chips for this card and that could cause the problem as the different chips require different voltages.

That is just my opinion.

MSI is a quality company though so I would put more of the blame on the chipset company (AMD) for supplying questionable chips to them and not blame MSI as they have no way of knowing until the card is built that a chip is flakey.

MSI techs are very friendly and helpful and will take time to assist you. At least that has been my experience.

Please let us all know how your issue gets resolved.

My System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Intel Core i5-750
ASUS P7P55D EVO
GSkill RipJaw DDR3 x 4
Antec TP-650 (New Style) PS
MSI R5830 Twin Frozer II
National Rifle Association Decal ( Scares off Malware and Hackers) :sol:

J_Sparrow

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
could this be vdroop on a graphics card? I only ever tried over clocking my 7800gtx, and after 2 days of tearing my hair out I gave up after dozens of random crashes. When I worked out eh FPS gain i would have got it would have added 1 or maybe 2fps on crysis. totally a complete waste of time. I noticed with my 8800gtx that even at stock factory settings it would crash from time to time. I had to keep cleaning dust out of the fan blades....