How to create an video streaming application

September 28, 2004 2:04:30 PM

I just bought a Dell Axim X30.

Can I create a video streaming application using Windows Media Player
ActivcX control (or whatever) on Pocket PC 2003 SE? It failed to create
ActiveX control. It's no problem with PC.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
TSK
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 1:57:16 AM

1) Use the classID and code you would mostly use for media player 6.4.

2) WM2003 Pocket IE has some problems with the ActiveX - it crashes
out. You need to set all the things which would normally be <PARAM>
tags using Javascript.

Some sample code : Change the Player.FileName to somewhere on your
Axims filesystem using the commented out example file URL, or
reference a web server or windows media encoder on your PC using the
http:// URL example syntax (not commented out)

<object id="Player" width="240" height="240" class="back"
classid="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" standby="Loading
Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">
</object>

<script language="javascript">
function loadplayercontrols() {
// Player.EnableFullScreenControls=true;
// Player.TransparentAtStart=true;
Player.ShowGotoBar=true;
Player.ShowControls=true;
Player.ShowPositionControls=true;

// Player.FileName="\\My Documents\\html\\trailer.wmv";
Player.FileName="http://192.168.10.153:85/test.asx";
Player.Play();
}
</script>

Cheers - Neil

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:04:30 -0700, "TSK" <eonekim@cox.net> wrote:

>I just bought a Dell Axim X30.
>
>Can I create a video streaming application using Windows Media Player
>ActivcX control (or whatever) on Pocket PC 2003 SE? It failed to create
>ActiveX control. It's no problem with PC.
>
>Please help!!!
>
>Thanks,
>TSK

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:42:51 PM

i'm trying to embed WMP to web page for PIE. i've tried samples from
MSDN, WMP for Pocket PC SDK and i've tried this one too. i have
PPC2003 and PPC2002 devices, i can't see embedded player on either of
them. btw whatever i do i can see it in IE. you can try to go to
http://68.161.231.10:586/pda.asp.
any input would be appreciated

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<o7ojl0do8nk6amq5ers2g874ij4cdal4gt@4ax.com>...
> 1) Use the classID and code you would mostly use for media player 6.4.
>
> 2) WM2003 Pocket IE has some problems with the ActiveX - it crashes
> out. You need to set all the things which would normally be <PARAM>
> tags using Javascript.
>
> Some sample code : Change the Player.FileName to somewhere on your
> Axims filesystem using the commented out example file URL, or
> reference a web server or windows media encoder on your PC using the
> http:// URL example syntax (not commented out)

> <object id="Player" width="240" height="240" class="back"
> classid="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" standby="Loading
> Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">
> </object>
>
> <script language="javascript">
> function loadplayercontrols() {
> // Player.EnableFullScreenControls=true;
> // Player.TransparentAtStart=true;
> Player.ShowGotoBar=true;
> Player.ShowControls=true;
> Player.ShowPositionControls=true;
>
> // Player.FileName="\\My Documents\\html\\trailer.wmv";
> Player.FileName="http://192.168.10.153:85/test.asx";
> Player.Play();
> }
> </script>

> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:04:30 -0700, "TSK" <eonekim@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >I just bought a Dell Axim X30.
> >
> >Can I create a video streaming application using Windows Media Player
> >ActivcX control (or whatever) on Pocket PC 2003 SE? It failed to create
> >ActiveX control. It's no problem with PC.
> >
> >Please help!!!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >TSK

October 1, 2004 4:14:28 AM

OK grab the PPC WM7 SDK from here :
http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/s...

Now, unpack it and look for the file wmnall.exe. Transfer it to your
PPC. And try your page again. It is the ActiveX control for PPC2003
media player, it may not be installed on your device.

There's more discussion about this topic here :
http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive32-2004-6-25039.html

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On 30 Sep 2004 10:42:51 -0700, dfo@break.ru (def fo) wrote:

>i'm trying to embed WMP to web page for PIE. i've tried samples from
>MSDN, WMP for Pocket PC SDK and i've tried this one too. i have
>PPC2003 and PPC2002 devices, i can't see embedded player on either of
>them. btw whatever i do i can see it in IE. you can try to go to
>http://68.161.231.10:586/pda.asp.
>any input would be appreciated
>
>"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<o7ojl0do8nk6amq5ers2g874ij4cdal4gt@4ax.com>...
>> 1) Use the classID and code you would mostly use for media player 6.4.
>>
>> 2) WM2003 Pocket IE has some problems with the ActiveX - it crashes
>> out. You need to set all the things which would normally be <PARAM>
>> tags using Javascript.
>>
>> Some sample code : Change the Player.FileName to somewhere on your
>> Axims filesystem using the commented out example file URL, or
>> reference a web server or windows media encoder on your PC using the
>> http:// URL example syntax (not commented out)

>> <object id="Player" width="240" height="240" class="back"
>> classid="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" standby="Loading
>> Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">
>> </object>
>>
>> <script language="javascript">
>> function loadplayercontrols() {
>> // Player.EnableFullScreenControls=true;
>> // Player.TransparentAtStart=true;
>> Player.ShowGotoBar=true;
>> Player.ShowControls=true;
>> Player.ShowPositionControls=true;
>>
>> // Player.FileName="\\My Documents\\html\\trailer.wmv";
>> Player.FileName="http://192.168.10.153:85/test.asx";
>> Player.Play();
>> }
>> </script>

>> Cheers - Neil
>>
>> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:04:30 -0700, "TSK" <eonekim@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> >I just bought a Dell Axim X30.
>> >
>> >Can I create a video streaming application using Windows Media Player
>> >ActivcX control (or whatever) on Pocket PC 2003 SE? It failed to create
>> >ActiveX control. It's no problem with PC.
>> >
>> >Please help!!!
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >TSK

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 6:51:01 PM

thanks so much!
i've played with it and there's no question why they pulled it off.. :)
it works ugly.. do you know if they going to release new version of that control?

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<459pl0lvuck8pql3tkj0klmf5q3rfsurgi@4ax.com>...
> OK grab the PPC WM7 SDK from here :
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/s...
>
> Now, unpack it and look for the file wmnall.exe. Transfer it to your
> PPC. And try your page again. It is the ActiveX control for PPC2003
> media player, it may not be installed on your device.
>
> There's more discussion about this topic here :
> http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive32-2004-6-25039.html
>
> HTH
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On 30 Sep 2004 10:42:51 -0700, dfo@break.ru (def fo) wrote:
>
> >i'm trying to embed WMP to web page for PIE. i've tried samples from
> >MSDN, WMP for Pocket PC SDK and i've tried this one too. i have
> >PPC2003 and PPC2002 devices, i can't see embedded player on either of
> >them. btw whatever i do i can see it in IE. you can try to go to
> >http://68.161.231.10:586/pda.asp.
> >any input would be appreciated
> >
> >"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<o7ojl0do8nk6amq5ers2g874ij4cdal4gt@4ax.com>...
> >> 1) Use the classID and code you would mostly use for media player 6.4.
> >>
> >> 2) WM2003 Pocket IE has some problems with the ActiveX - it crashes
> >> out. You need to set all the things which would normally be <PARAM>
> >> tags using Javascript.
> >>
> >> Some sample code : Change the Player.FileName to somewhere on your
> >> Axims filesystem using the commented out example file URL, or
> >> reference a web server or windows media encoder on your PC using the
> >> http:// URL example syntax (not commented out)

> >> <object id="Player" width="240" height="240" class="back"
> >> classid="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" standby="Loading
> >> Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">
> >> </object>
> >>
> >> <script language="javascript">
> >> function loadplayercontrols() {
> >> // Player.EnableFullScreenControls=true;
> >> // Player.TransparentAtStart=true;
> >> Player.ShowGotoBar=true;
> >> Player.ShowControls=true;
> >> Player.ShowPositionControls=true;
> >>
> >> // Player.FileName="\\My Documents\\html\\trailer.wmv";
> >> Player.FileName="http://192.168.10.153:85/test.asx";
> >> Player.Play();
> >> }
> >> </script>

> >> Cheers - Neil

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 3:29:08 AM

On 1 Oct 2004 14:51:01 -0700, dfo@break.ru (def fo) wrote:

>thanks so much!
>i've played with it and there's no question why they pulled it off.. :)
>it works ugly.. do you know if they going to release new version of that control?

No, only 'sooner or later' about dates, but I believe something is in
the pipeline related to WM10 according to side notes posted in the
WM10 SDK public documentation.

Cheers - Neil

!