Sign in with
Your question

Zalman cnps9900 led vs zalman cnps10x performa

Last response: in Overclocking
August 31, 2010 3:36:28 PM

Hello...

I want a decent cooler for my i3 system.

my config

i3 530
asus p7h55-m
2 gb ocz 1333mhz

The main problem I have is that i dont have space in the cabinet.. its a small cabinet..

1. I want a small cooler like zalman cnps8700. But i want the best small cooler available irrespective of the brand. ( zalmam, cm, noctua etc)

2. Which is the best zalman cnps 9900 led or the zalman cnps10x performa

I really need it....Thanks for all the responses
August 31, 2010 7:45:00 PM

well I know this doesn't answer your question, but really neither are a good choice. Any 120mm tower cooler is a good choice.

The issue with zalman is they are way to expensive and are commonly way behind other coolers in terms of performance.

If you can fit the 9900 you can definitely fit a true, S-1283, or even the H50. Those three tend to be the most popular in terms of upper middle - high end range.
a b K Overclocking
August 31, 2010 9:15:36 PM

The i3's run ice cold compared to the i5's and i7's, you can use a decent 30.00$ cooler and get great results. I would recommend a 92mm cooler like the TX3 or the AC freezer 64. The coolers that you posted above lean more towards quad core CPU's and are much bigger in size.
Related resources
a c 182 K Overclocking
September 1, 2010 12:27:20 AM

The Zalman line of CNPS10x coolers are decent.
Question is what size of case do you have?
That will determine what cooler you'll choose.
Most good tower coolers are 156-165mm tall.
September 1, 2010 3:53:43 AM

davcon said:
The Zalman line of CNPS10x coolers are decent.
Question is what size of case do you have?
That will determine what cooler you'll choose.
Most good tower coolers are 156-165mm tall.

I have zebronics delta cabinet. So i just want the cooler to fit in it.
a c 182 K Overclocking
September 1, 2010 10:18:46 AM

ruffandruff said:
I have zebronics delta cabinet. So i just want the cooler to fit in it.

I looked up your case and it's definitely wide enough to accomodate any 160mm tall cooler.
Like OvrClkr suggested you don't need the best of the best to cool an i3.
I have a CM Hyper 212+ cooling my i3 530 if you can source one of those you've done very well.
Even a CM Hyper TX3 would do well.
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2010 12:33:09 PM

^+1 The Zalman is better but with only 2 cores the 212+ or TX3 should do a good enough job.
September 2, 2010 5:42:51 AM

davcon said:
I looked up your case and it's definitely wide enough to accomodate any 160mm tall cooler.
Like OvrClkr suggested you don't need the best of the best to cool an i3.
I have a CM Hyper 212+ cooling my i3 530 if you can source one of those you've done very well.
Even a CM Hyper TX3 would do well.

Thanks for your reply davcon..

1.So do you say that zalman performa is better than the other two....if so can i fit it in my case/

2. Also plz tell me if i can fit zalman performa in mercury zorro case.

Thanks in advance
a c 182 K Overclocking
September 2, 2010 11:02:39 AM

ruffandruff said:
Thanks for your reply davcon..

1.So do you say that zalman performa is better than the other two....if so can i fit it in my case/

2. Also plz tell me if i can fit zalman performa in mercury zorro case.

Thanks in advance

Well here's the Performa's dimensions 132(L) x 100(W) x 152(H)mm.
It's better then the TX3 not so sure about the 212+ though.
It really is a good choice though the the 212+ is 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H).
I have no idea about the Zorro case though.
You'll have to measure the width and leave yourself about 26mm leeway in your calculation for it to fit.
So about 180mm width minimum.
September 2, 2010 4:03:05 PM

davcon said:
Well here's the Performa's dimensions 132(L) x 100(W) x 152(H)mm.
It's better then the TX3 not so sure about the 212+ though.
It really is a good choice though the the 212+ is 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H).
I have no idea about the Zorro case though.
You'll have to measure the width and leave yourself about 26mm leeway in your calculation for it to fit.
So about 180mm width minimum.

its is same as the zebronics delta......so will performa fit in zebronics delta
a c 182 K Overclocking
September 2, 2010 8:20:52 PM

ruffandruff said:
its is same as the zebronics delta......so will performa fit in zebronics delta

Yep!
September 4, 2010 12:19:15 PM

davcon said:
Yep!

thank you very much...........

I think this will be the last question..

Can i fit these coolers ( zalman performa, cnps 9900, cm hyper 212+, zalman extreme) on a mini atx board without the coolers touching the ram or other components.....I mean can i have enough space for the coolers on a mini atx board.
a c 182 K Overclocking
September 4, 2010 12:48:45 PM

ruffandruff said:
thank you very much...........

I think this will be the last question..

Can i fit these coolers ( zalman performa, cnps 9900, cm hyper 212+, zalman extreme) on a mini atx board without the coolers touching the ram or other components.....I mean can i have enough space for the coolers on a mini atx board.

Good question and i don't know off the top of my head.
Get out your measuring tape and start doing alot of homework regarding cooler dimensions.
Socket to dimm distance.
This link will give you an idea of what i'm talking about.
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu...
I've never built a mini only full size and micro.
Honestly though an i3 doesn't make alot of heat even when overclocked.
I think you'll be looking at a CM TX3 or smaller.
September 5, 2010 4:18:12 PM

davcon said:
Good question and i don't know off the top of my head.
Get out your measuring tape and start doing alot of homework regarding cooler dimensions.
Socket to dimm distance.
This link will give you an idea of what i'm talking about.
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu...
I've never built a mini only full size and micro.
Honestly though an i3 doesn't make alot of heat even when overclocked.
I think you'll be looking at a CM TX3 or smaller.

Sorry i was wrong about the form factor it is uatx (micro atx). It is asus p7h55-m.

SO will i be able fit those coolers on board spaciously.

thanks

you really help me a lot!!
September 7, 2010 11:28:47 PM

I run a Zalman CNS Xtreme 120mm. As far as air cooling goes I love it. Size wise on my Asus M4A79T, it's impossible to use the first 2 dimm slots with my Dominator Memory. They will not fit with the cooler on. I haven't tried without the sinks on them but I really don't want to remove them. I am also using a HAF 932 case, and with the cooler there is about a beer cap width between the top of the cooler and the 120mm fan.
September 8, 2010 10:58:40 AM

blankman69 said:
I run a Zalman CNS Xtreme 120mm. As far as air cooling goes I love it. Size wise on my Asus M4A79T, it's impossible to use the first 2 dimm slots with my Dominator Memory. They will not fit with the cooler on. I haven't tried without the sinks on them but I really don't want to remove them. I am also using a HAF 932 case, and with the cooler there is about a beer cap width between the top of the cooler and the 120mm fan.

ur board is of atx form factor but mine is uatx.......so can u tell if i fit the same cooler on my board

thanks
September 15, 2010 5:50:29 AM

Well comparing pictures of the two boards next to each other it looks like you might have the same problems I have. Although I can't say for sure, as I've heard there is a different way you can mount fans or switch the plates on the intel boards, which I might have just dreamed up. I have heard people be able to fit low profile memory in the first 2 dimm slots on my board, or modding the fins on the right lower side of the piece to allow larger sticks to fit. I'm sure the fan will fit your board that's no question. It might just be a matter of how much memory you plan to install on your system.
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2010 6:01:45 AM

Yea the review noob700 posted is a good review. Though watch the dBa reviews THEY'RE CRAZY LOUD!
!