AMD II 720 was reading 4 cores but after install i cant..

pathfinder2

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Hi Guys...So first let me tell you I am no expert and have very little knowledge about overclocking as-well as Understanding the BIOS settings.... However I was able to unlock the 4th core on my AMD II 720, Im not sure how I managed it, I only remember running a automatic function with either AMD overdrive or EASY Tuner 6? I totally don't remember.

Anyway the other day i reinstalled the OS and now i cant seem to get it unlocked. Iv tried everything i remeber doing before but to no avail?

The CPU is on a Gigabyte GA78LM-SH2 motherboard and i have the folllowing tools installed (Easy tune 6, @BIOS, Gigabyte OC Guru, AMD Overdrive, AMD Fusion)

I did allot of reading and tried to get it unlocked but nothing seems to be working, so im hoping to gather some advice from anyone with much more experience and knowledge on how to get this done?

Here are some things i feel i should mention as they are the changes i made after getting the 4th core running

I installed an ATI Radon HD 5400 Series GPU

I also changed the ram from having 2gigs to now having 4 gigs..as follows
2x 1gig DDR2 Crucial 800 MHz
2x 2gig DDr2 Avant Tech 667MHz Sticks

Im not sure if This would have any affect but I currently have a CRT Monitor connected to the VGA port of the GPU, where as before i had a LCD monitor Connected via the HDMI port on the Motherboard?

Im also pretty sure i currently have the newest BIOS available "F11" where as before i may of had the previous Bios?

As you can see i wanted to explain any changes made which may of caused this processor to no longer be overclocked and have all 4 cores running....any help would be really great, thank you so much if you are still at this point and reading this long message :)
Ed

erdinger

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
You have to go into the bios (press delete a lot when booting ) and search for a option called advanced clock callibration (A.C.C) inside there you will find an option called use hybrid EC firmware. You enable this option and the fourth core is activated again.

pathfinder2

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Great Guys thanks! I simply went into the bios and changed it to 4 cores insead of running auto under the cpu settings...... There are so many diffrent settings in there, for example i can change the % of something on each core, im sure i can do something to make the cpu perform faster however i really dont know what im doing. Thanks for your time in responding and helping guys!