Sign in with
Your question

Video Editing Build for hackintosh

Last response: in Systems
February 15, 2009 7:49:37 AM

Hey Guys,
Just want to get your opinion on this build. Not too sure about the MOBO though because of the ratings. Also if you guys have any other suggestions please let me know. THanks

AMD
Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor Model HDZ940XCGIBOX - Retail

Foxconn A79A-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

(2) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

LIAN LI PC-61 USB Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

LG Black 6X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 6X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner 6X Blu-ray Disc Burner & HD DVD-ROM Drive Model GGW-H20LK - OEM

LITE-ON 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black IDE Model iHAP422-08 - Retail
February 15, 2009 8:44:05 AM

We don't have many, if any Mac users on this forum. So no one is likely to know about compatibility issues with OSx86 or whatever it is now.

From a strictly PC point of view I have no objections to your build so far.
February 15, 2009 1:18:33 PM

Tried to tell him that in another post, but he just dosen't seem to get the idea.
And I agree, that is a decent, solid build for a PC.
Install Vista 64, and be done with it. Forget about the Mac nonsense.
Related resources
February 15, 2009 4:54:16 PM

Sorry about that Jit. How bout coming from a video editing standpoint. I will still run and render with Sony Vegas Pro 8. Thank you
February 15, 2009 4:56:32 PM

@OP: Take it from some one who has run a Hackingtosh, it's not worth it. CS4, FireWorks, run VERY VERY slow on the Hackintosh.

Proof:

February 15, 2009 4:57:14 PM

JoeJITSU said:
Sorry about that Jit. How bout coming from a video editing standpoint. I will still run and render with Sony Vegas Pro 8. Thank you

Yes, that will be a good rig for Vegas 8.
February 15, 2009 5:23:22 PM

Don't go AMD. Mac uses Intel processors now, so you'll have more trouble than you'll want. Also, that motherboard uses incompatible chipsets so you'll never get it to work (easily anyway)
Ask here. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=82
Or just check out what people have done/wanted to do http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishLists.aspx?...

Resources: I was going to build one until I found out Photoshop cs4 is virus-filled (pirated version anyway). Oh yea, and the fact that after two days of using a real one I hated it.
February 15, 2009 5:31:20 PM

cdenny1 said:
Don't go AMD. Mac uses Intel processors now, so you'll have more trouble than you'll want. Also, that motherboard uses incompatible chipsets so you'll never get it to work (easily anyway)
Ask here. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=82
Or just check out what people have done/wanted to do http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishLists.aspx?...

Wow, Thanks. Back to the ol drawing board.
Shadow, I did hear that the dual cores did run slow for CS4 when running hackintosh, but the new quads are squashing the macpro dual cores right now. Alot of people are actually being impatient and instead of waiting for the new quads for mac releasing in march, they are building their own hackintosh. I just cant afford something like that cos I am a family man with 4 kids. Thanks
February 15, 2009 8:29:38 PM

^Seriously, why the OSX? Why not run Vista/XP? And yes, cdenny1 is right, it's harder to get OSX to work with an AMD, but it is not impossible. Any ways, CS4 is optimized a bit for quads but duals can STILL can run CS4 (I run it on XP x64) perfectly fine, CS4 kept crashing/locking in OSX.
February 15, 2009 9:36:35 PM

Have to run FCP6 (Final Cut Pro 6)
February 15, 2009 9:47:18 PM

^Ahh... but can't you find a smiler software? ie Adobe Premier Pro or Sony Vegas?
February 15, 2009 10:00:24 PM

I have Sony Vegas Pro 8, But love FCP 6 even more. Went to my friends house and fell in love with FCP 6.
February 16, 2009 8:12:50 AM

As one of mobile devices fans, I was looking for a valuable all-in-one converter that not only can rip DVD and convert video, but also backup my ipod files to my computer. Recently my friend recommend me the Best DVD Converter Suite — Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite that can meet my needs. Now I will share with you.

This Best DVD Converter Suite actually includes three useful software: Best DVD Ripper, Total Video Converter and iPod to Computer Transfer.

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite supports almost all the portable devices, such as: Google phone,PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2,Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc. You can enjoy your favorite DVD and video files on them.

Key Functions
1. Convert DVD and any video/audio to the various video/audio formats
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software could easily convert DVD and any video to the various video/audio formats such as MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc.

2. Transfer songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC
It could easily transfer your songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC, then you can backup the videos or songs, you also could transfer them to another iPod or iPhone through the iPhone transfer software.

3. Support almost all popular portable players
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software can convert DVD and video to all the popular devices: PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc.

4. Easy and powerful editing function (Merge, Trim, Crop)
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software offers powerful editing functions such as merging multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file, trimming any clip of video or DVD, cropping video size and so forth.

5. Easy to use
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite is very user-friendly and easy to use. Only a few clicks to complete the conversion with supervising the whole process on real time.

Key Features

1. Merge multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software provides an easy way to combine and join multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file. Just select the DVD chapters, titles or videos you want to join and check the “merge into one file” check box you can finish it easily.

2. Cut any clip of video (Trim)
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software provides “Trim” function to help you cut any clip from the original video. You can set the “Start Time” and “End Time” of the clip you want to get or just drag the slide bar to the accurate position to achieve it.

3. Crop Video Size
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software allows you to remove black edge of your movie and get any playing area of the video by using its “Crop” function. You can also select the “Zoom” mode to extrude your video slightly to adjust to your portable devices so you can get the best video quality.

4. Capture your favorite image
If you like the current image of the video you can use the “Snapshot” option. Just click the “Snapshot” button the image will be saved and you can click the “Open” button next to “Snapshot” button to open your picture.

5. Support Preview
You can preview the source video and edited video.

6. All Encoders and Decoders are built in
Full support all popular video and audio formats.

7. Fastest Conversion Speed
Provide the fastest conversion speed (>300%), completely support dual core CPU.
February 16, 2009 4:28:39 PM

if your still looking to try the best place to go for help is the osx86project forums there you can find out everything you need to know about OSx86
!