Alfred_i

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
hello, i want to know if i use ssd the difference is noticeable in apllication like :encoding,rendering,programming and gaming ?
my HDD: 1TB WD caviar black sata III 64 mb cach.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Oh hell yeah...an SSD will bring you completely different computing experience. Everything is snappier and more responsive. You won't notice an increase in FPS in gaming, but the game will open and load faster than your eye can blink...depending on which SSD you buy ofcourse.

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
you wont notice any size advantages lol. other than that no encoding depends on processor.

Windows loading, Game loadings Programs starting up. All these areas will improve if you'll get ssd.

randomizer

Champion
If you're compiling a large application and temporary data is being stored on secondary storage rather than being held in RAM you'll find that compiling should be faster as well. Of course it's better just to keep temp data in RAM if you've got enough of it. The remainder of your applications will receive no noticeable benefit apart from the time it takes to load the program or save a project if it's really big.

That said, you'll find that Windows is infinitely more snappy when using an SSD, and it won't slow down nearly as much as it does when using a HDD over time.

Alfred_i

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
thanks for your answers it was really helpful.my main board is crosshair iv formula,should i buy sata iii ssd?windows rating show 5.9 for my hdd.and for my friend show 5.9 too but he has sata ii hdd.seems there is not a big difference!!

mgrzTX

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Windows 7 won't rate HDD higher than a 5.9 for some reason no matter what, at least in my knowledge, I could be wrong but I've never seen it. A sata 3 ssd would be a great investment and there's a good chance if nothing is wrong with it it'll outlast your mobo anyway. But there aren't a ton of options out there right now, but I remember reading a thread on here not too long ago that the next generation of SSDs (sata3) will be great and aren't too far away. As far as getting one if you can afford it: Yes!!! They're sweet!