Offline Files and Folders

I'm having alot of difficulty with Offline Files and
folders on our WINXP machines.
First and foremost I'd like to find out why after making a
folder available offline the "Make Available Offline" is
grayed out and I cannot reverse it the way your suppose to
be able to.
Second, I'd like suggestions on why when using Offline
Files and Folders the users complain of losing their
connection to the folders. Their mapped drives are alos
losing their connections but seemingly they never lose
their connections to our network.

Thanks for any assistance here.

If you have redirected their My Documents to a network share Windows XP will
automatically make the My Documents folder available offline and grey out
the option so you can't turn it off. Windows XP does this with system
folders that a redirected. If you want to turn off this feature you can
through policies.

In the Group Policy Editor go to this tree:

User Configuration

-- Administrative Templates

-- Network

-- Offline Files

In there you should see a setting "Do not automatically make redirected
folders available offline." You would want to enable this policy.

--
Eric Renken
Microsoft Associate Expert.