Biggest cooler for phenom II

Anyone know what the biggest or best air cooler for the phenom II is? All opinions appreciated.
20 answers Last reply
More about biggest cooler phenom
  1. There are a few thermo-electric coolers out there. They are insane big but they are the best air cooling option you can get. In alot of cases as good as a decent water cooling option.
  2. I should point out that i will never get water cooling again, so please dont suggest this
  3. I believe that the TRUE can fit on the Phenoms...
  4. Xigmatec S1283 dark knight?
  5. cjl said:
    I believe that the TRUE can fit on the Phenoms...


    True?
  6. Thermal Right Ultra-120 Extreme aka TRUE

    edit; You'll need to buy a fan separately for the TRUE
  7. Top 10 AMD CPU coolers (with reviews) @ FrostyTech
  8. i use the Asus Silent Square EVO and its the bloody BEST!
    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2213

    SO freakn GOOD! i recommend it
  9. WR2 said:
    Thermal Right Ultra-120 Extreme aka TRUE

    edit; You'll need to buy a fan separately for the TRUE


    Ahh is that the one that can take 2 fans?
  10. Quite a few of the top tower coolers can take more than one fan.

    Some can mount four: Scythe Mugen 2

  11. ^ :O OMG cool :P
    I am interested in the fan configuration for that setup :P
  12. WR2 said:
    Quite a few of the top tower coolers can take more than one fan.

    Some can mount four: Scythe Mugen 2

    http://www.scythe-eu.com/fileadmin/events/cebit-2007/system1_2.jpg

    ^ :o now thats a cooler
  13. When tested it actually cooled better with just 2 fans. And adding a 2nd fan doesnt always get a result like you'd expect. And it could be that you might be better off with just one higher performance fan.

  14. The TRUE can take 2 fans, yes. I have a TRUE cooling my i7 - it works excellently, and I highly recommend it.
  15. ^ Well if you have a Push- Pull configuration with 2 fans with the CPU cooler, then it would give very good results...
  16. What about a true with 2 high performance fans that are drawing air off the heatsink. Theoreticaly that should provide pretty good performance right?
  17. Tuniq Tower is pretty darn big.
  18. rav3n said:
    What about a true with 2 high performance fans that are drawing air off the heatsink. Theoreticaly that should provide pretty good performance right?

    Well, in a dual fan configuration, one is pushing air into the heatsink and one is pulling air out, but yes, a TRUE with dual fans will perform quite nicely.
  19. Well looks like the true wins then. Can anyine recomend a high performance fan for it?
  20. Xigmatek also makes the HDT-1284, which is a 4 heatpipe config. Thats whats cooling my Phenom.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Phenom