Can a HP dc7600 CMT, Pentium D 3.4GHz support 16GB of RAM?

Hi there, I'm interested to get an old HP dc7600 CMT, Pentium D 3.4GHz. I'm wondering if it could support 16GB RAM? If not, would it take more than 4GB? The docs on the HP website is kind of dated and I just want to check with somebody who has actually used > 4GB RAM with it, preferably 16GB. Many thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about dc7600 pentium 4ghz support 16gb
  1. Why put 16 gigs of RAM in a computer that slow?
  2. I currently have another dc7600 with Pentium 4 HT 3GHz with 4GB RAM running Windows 7 RC. I have to say, it surprised me quite a bit. Everything is very snappy. That's the main reason I have the confidence to get another one, but this time one with a Pentium D 3.4GHz processor. Since this chip has EM64T, I'm wondering if 16GB or even > 4GB is possible.
  3. I doubt it. Not too many motherboards support the 4GB DDR2 sticks. Check the HP support page to find the Max RAM that model can have installed.
  4. Superbarney,

Thank you for evaluating Windows 7 and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your experience so much! If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://tinyurl.com/nldc8p

Jessica
    Microsoft Windows Client Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Pentium Support RAM Hewlett Packard