Which antivirus is best for windows 7

CoffeeDrinker

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I have never been impressed with the majority of anti-virus programs out there. Used to use Avast free, and work great, until i saw Kaspersky Pure, this is the First anti-Virus i have ever bought, and i highly recommend it to all my clients that come shopping.

Otherwise, dont go AVG, not that great, if you looking for a free AV go AVAST, works great.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I recommend MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials) for the average computer user because all of the definition updates and virus protection updates go directly through windows update. So the average user who doesnt know how to update the antivirus or setup an automated update service its great.

doohsun

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Just use the Microsoft one it's perfectly fine. But you should add a few more things to really protect yourself as well like Malwarebytes free version as well as superantispyware. On top of that stop using any other browser other than google chrome it's the best browser, fast, secure, and will protect you from harmful sites.

CoffeeDrinker

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

I would recommend AVAST, way better than AVG. When i bought my Kaspersky, i still didnt have a virus. When there is AVG, i picked up a few viruses.