Which antivirus is best for windows 7

Hello,
i want a free antivirus for windows 7
21 answers Last reply
More about which antivirus windows
  1. you can use AVG or Avira for free...
  2. To be honest, Microsoft Security Essentials does a great job itself.
  3. Does the job, but not so good to all threats.

Just like all cars are not all equal :)
  4. I have never been impressed with the majority of anti-virus programs out there. Used to use Avast free, and work great, until i saw Kaspersky Pure, this is the First anti-Virus i have ever bought, and i highly recommend it to all my clients that come shopping.

Otherwise, dont go AVG, not that great, if you looking for a free AV go AVAST, works great.
  5. Yeah, Kaspersky rulez, worth to pay for it.
  6. dalmvern said:
    To be honest, Microsoft Security Essentials does a great job itself.

+1. I love MSE and it works very well.
  7. Go Microsoft Security Essentials, cause no matter what you choose, you will be 100% safe for casual online gaming and websurfing. If you want to check "dangerous" websites, then you NEED a paid solution
  8. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vipre-Premium-Protects-PCs-Lifetime/dp/B0042ESPK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316186883&sr=8-1

Vipre Antivirus Premium on special for less than a £10 for a lifetime licence.

Stop being Mr El Cheapo, it is a very good deal.
  9. I recommend MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials) for the average computer user because all of the definition updates and virus protection updates go directly through windows update. So the average user who doesnt know how to update the antivirus or setup an automated update service its great.
  10. At least no one said Norton LMAO

My 2 cents:

Nod32
  11. fowang said:
    At least no one said Norton LMAO

My 2 cents:

Nod32

:)

IMHO Nod32 is very good,but he wants freebe
  12. amirjazlan said:
    Hello,
    i want a free antivirus for windows 7

Just use the Microsoft one it's perfectly fine. But you should add a few more things to really protect yourself as well like Malwarebytes free version as well as superantispyware. On top of that stop using any other browser other than google chrome it's the best browser, fast, secure, and will protect you from harmful sites.
  13. +1 for avast or MSE,

but not avg or avira.

Always got viruses and stuff when my clients uses them
  14. I've been considering changing my AV program, is Avast Free better than AVG Free?
  15. kilo_17 said:
    I've been considering changing my AV program, is Avast Free better than AVG Free?

I would recommend AVAST, way better than AVG. When i bought my Kaspersky, i still didnt have a virus. When there is AVG, i picked up a few viruses.
  16. With free antuvirus you get what you pay for ;)
  17. I use Avast! free version along with spybot search and destroy. Sure they are free, but I've never got a virus while using these. If anyone needs help with the installation, I wrote a guide detailing it here: http://www.landofjacks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=60
  18. I use GDATA Internet Security 2012.It is a dual engine antivirus that contains the Avast and Bitdefender engines!
    [:briovaz:3]
  19. I like ESET, it doesn't seem to have hardly any resource footprint. But, I haven't really looked around too much.
  20. I tried GDATA Internet Security 2012 and have very good feeling about that one.

Large install file, but small footprint on the system.

Looked also in freebies , and Avast would be my choice instead of AVG in freebies...
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Windows 7 Antivirus