E7400 0.56GHz Overclock

moogleboi

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Okay, my computer is fine with most games but I recently signed up for the FFXIV beta and oh-gawd does it run badly.

My spec isn't too old - HD4850, 2GB DDR2-800, E7400

Anyway, managed to squeeze another 10fps out with a CPU overclock so I'm happy because now my game runs smoothly. I'm not bothering with my GFX, causes graphic corruption.

FSB: 320*10.5
Temperatures: 55*c full load, lowest fan setting - I hate fan noise
Vcore: 1.265
Mobo: Asus P5K

1q33tw.png

Okay, so here's my questions:

The speed keeps dipping to 2GHz during idle, I presume this is the speedstep technology or whatever. Does this matter? Unlike before the Vcore doesn't drop with the core speed since I've set a voltage in the BIOS. Can't see any speedstep options in the BIOS.

Also, this may sound stupid but I accidentally had Vcore on "auto" for one whole 3-minute boot-up which set the Vcore to 1.36!! Will this have done any damage? :/. I need this PC to last at me through uni lol >_>

And finally, does everything look good? Haven't done any tests but my game is stable :D

Also, this may sound stupid but I accidentally had Vcore on "auto" for one whole 3-minute boot-up which set the Vcore to 1.36!! Will this have done any damage?
Nope. You'r fine.

I recently signed up for the FFXIV beta and oh-gawd does it run badly.
Umm.... you only got 2GB of RAM....

The speed keeps dipping to 2GHz during idle, I presume this is the speedstep technology or whatever. Does this matter? Unlike before the Vcore doesn't drop with the core speed since I've set a voltage in the BIOS. Can't see any speedstep options in the BIOS.
Look for EIST in BIOS.

As far as the OC goes, it looks good.