Which Browser is most used on Tomshardware.com?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Firefox

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Maxthon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Netscape

• Safari

• Mobile

• Avant

• Or something else

• Total voters

Lots of people are using IE and I wonder why. I mean, u need it for some websites like school, government, business access and so on.

Is there any other reason why to use it?

I use now Google Chrome, I completely forgot about Firefox. Tried Opera few times...

Its user specific, I know.

I like it because it does what I need to do , is fast, u can open 200+ tabs and it still works perfect. I like the simplicity and simple look of it...

Firefox was doing fine till version 3.6. Than it could not hold the tabs and it kept crashing.

I stopped using IE 10 years ago or so. Yes, I still use it if there is no other way or on someone else's PC and I know why is it, that I don't use it.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
IE9 is fine, FF4 (or whatever the latest version is) is fine. The only reason I don't switch is because I constantly open recently closed tabs/windows and its amazingly easy to do with chrome. Also IE likes to change the extensions to many of my downloaded files to .zip, mostly .jar files.

Ragnoth

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Firefox....even with its mass amounts of updates recently. I still run into no real problems with it. Also, I generally just hate the default look of IE.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I use a couple of different browsers, for different reasons.

IE because thats the only one my company "officially" allows.
Firefox because of the debugging tools when I create web applications.
Chrome because I like the interface better than the other two.

I am not a programmer, but chrome has the tool for debugging too, right? I use it to identify website components. Maybe I am wrong...

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
I mostly use FF due to the plugins. If comparable plugins were available for IE9 I'd probably switch back. However, I've also been considering switching to Chrome.

I actually like IE9 and use it on my HTPC. I love the pinning features and overall it performs quite well. I mostly use it for sites like Netflix, Hulu, and the major TV stations websites.

FF on my main PC runs like crap, but since I use the plugins I've resisted change. I've posted about my FF problems on other forums and it seems like I'm in the minority when it comes to FF crashing, not recovering from sleep and generally being a pain to use on my Vista PC.

I've been having some FF crash problems at home (but not at work) since the last update, but I still try to use it; I probably just need to beat my head on the problem a little more, since it might be an add-in I load at home but not at work.
...so, I've been using IE9 more at home. I'm seeing all kinds of ads in places that I never even realized had them before.

I used lots of plugins too with FF, but when I had opened 275 tabs, the extensions could not handle it started to crash the FF.

I skipped Vista completely :)

I loved the AdBlock (now I use only extension AdBlock on chrome), some ext. that saves page as PDF,jpg,tiff,- not available on chrome the same way it worked on FF(for that I use Fast stone capture), with out sending it to the home server first and than back to me- unsafe and need internet and slowww.

Other than that I did not have crashes - maybe Flash Player kept crashing too.

loneninja

Distinguished
I'm a chrome user, primary reason is I can sync everything to my gmail account so all of my bookmarks and settings are on all of my computers, and even available on my droid. Still occasionally open things in IE9 for whatever reason, uninstalled firefox after installing chrome.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Chrome because if someone has a driver issue or needs a download link you can just highlight the driver/issue name, right click it, and Google search it... Saves so much time at the end of the day.

Plus the Chrome themes look awesome!

TRENDING THREADS