Asus PT6 Deluxe V2 audio out to GTX295 HDMI

Tom Bogowitz

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
The GTX295 has a TOSlink input from an audio output. If using the PT6 Deluxe mobo does it have an internal not external connection (Does have external S/PDIF) where I can link the two systems inside the case so I can use the HDMI out from the GTX295 to my Pioneer receiver?

Tom

Tom Bogowitz

Distinguished
May 16, 2009

OK, this is how I see it but can someone tell me if I'm wrong. If I purchase a separate sound card SB X-F1 Titanium Pro (which I do not want to because the mobo has 7.1 built in) it has a TOSlink port to allow connection to the GTX295's TOSlink to allow pass through of the surround sound through the HDMI connector.
Since I have not purchased anything yet and do not have a PT6 mobo in front of me to look at and cannot see any literature on the product that describes such can someone who does tell me if their is an S/PDIF out port connection (two pin like used on the GTX) to link the audio from the mobo to the GTX295. The mobo does have an optical S/PDIF and coaxial connection what looks to be on the external connections (outside the computer case).

If you want your PC HDMI output to transmit the audio being generated by your PC (e.g. the audio from a video that you are playing), you will have to manually connect a cable from the SPDIF output from your sound card (usually a connector on your motherboard) to the SPDIF input located on your GeForce video card.

You will only need to make this connection under two scenarios. First, if you want to connect your PC to your HDTV and want the audio to come from the TV speakers for some reason. Notice that most people that have an HDTV also have a home theater receiver with a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound and if this is your case, you don’t want the audio coming from the TV speakers, but coming from the surround speakers.

Tom Bogowitz

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Ok, I went to Fry's electronics and actually looked at the mobo. It does have an S/PDIF out connector that is not on the back panel so connection to the GTX295 HDMI pass thru is possible internally.