Pentium 4 HT 3.06ghz

Will these specs run most games at high with a resolution of 1024 x 768, and crysis at like medium? (I always play on 1024 x 768 res)

Pentium 4 HT 3.06ghz
3gigs ddr2 ram
8600GT 256mb GDDR3
Vista 32bit

Oh and, would it be good for Cod4, oblivion on high?
20 answers Last reply
More about pentium 06ghz
  1. Someone reply please.
  2. no...
  3. bige420 said:
    no...

    Don't spam please.
  4. IDK, I use to get decent frames from my 8600GTS at med. IIRC thats the same res I was using to accomplish it.

    To be fair, it was paired with an Opteron165 at 2.8Ghz tho...

    Long story short, Id guess youll have to play most games on med, not just Crysis. Ur in serious need of a new rig if you want to game.
  5. B-Unit said:
    IDK, I use to get decent frames from my 8600GTS at med. IIRC thats the same res I was using to accomplish it.

    To be fair, it was paired with an Opteron165 at 2.8Ghz tho...

    Long story short, Id guess youll have to play most games on med, not just Crysis. Ur in serious need of a new rig if you want to game.

    Well I've been looking at alot of videos on youtube that people made, alot of which have nearly the same specs as me. Looks like most games run on high with no AA or AF. Which I don't really care about AA/AF.
  6. Just out of curiosity, what's the fsb of that thing? I was like 'wtf how do you get 3.06ghz...' am I missing somthing? Or is that your OCed speed?

    I've got a P4 @ 3ghz (sometimes at @3.3 when I feel stupid, 220x15, NB HS flaming hot, burns skin and no HS on SB), 512 PC3200 DDR, and a crappy Radeon 9250. I'm prolly upping this to 2gb of PC3200 and an HD3650 or HD3850, so I'll let you know how crysis runs once I upgrade :)
  7. No, a pentium 4 simply will get killed in most modern games, and the 8600GT is too much of a bottleneck.

    My PentiumD (3.0GHz) and 8600GT could only get CoD4 running 35-45FPS at medium at 1024x768, and thats with spikes to under 15 at times. He has no shot a Crysis, none, and most modern games will choke on both the CPU and GPU.
  8. we're gonna try it anyways :D besides, I'm alright with those fraps. Just make sure it's above 5 fps, and I'll be happy. Honestly, I don't see any point in getting above 10 fraps, since it all looks the same to me... I'd rather have mroe detail in the frames. Don't flame my horrible eyes lol
  9. computabug said:
    Just out of curiosity, what's the fsb of that thing? I was like 'wtf how do you get 3.06ghz...' am I missing somthing? Or is that your OCed speed?

    I've got a P4 @ 3ghz (sometimes at @3.3 when I feel stupid, 220x15, NB HS flaming hot, burns skin and no HS on SB), 512 PC3200 DDR, and a crappy Radeon 9250. I'm prolly upping this to 2gb of PC3200 and an HD3650 or HD3850, so I'll let you know how crysis runs once I upgrade :)


    IIRC, 3.06 is 133*23 (533FSB).
  10. oooooooooooooh :pt1cable: :sarcastic: :D :lol: :na:
    Never new they still had 133 fsb for P4's lol. I've got 133fsb on my old P3. PCI frequency increases proportionally and I can't stop it. Shucks to have crap mobo's :(
  11. P4 FSB is quad-pumped. 133mhz is really 533mhz.

    To the OP, you should just download the Crysis and COD4 demos and see how well they run. I've seen slow systems run some pretty intense games. It's partially about luck. Crysis is a long shot, but worth a shot.
  12. my PC is c2d 4300 GPU 8500gt i run crysis it vlow @ 1024x768 and i just get fps 15 xD
    LOL
  13. That's because of the 8500GT though (a fairly terrible card, as they go)
  14. isn't your board with agp only?
  15. yea you can get an HD3850 with AGP, not bad :) it's proly what imma get.

    So that's what quad pumped is! So why do we use quad pump any ways? lol sorry if I sound stupid XD I don't even understand how my computer determines the available dividers/multipliers for memory lol
  16. FSB is quad pumped, so a 1333 FSB = 1333 / 4 = 333.25
    DDR2 is double data rate, so DDR2 667 = 667 / 2 = 333.5
    (This example would be a 1:1 FSB-RAM ratio)

    The Multiplier is Clockspeed divided by the FSB . A 3.0GHz CPU with a 333MHz FSB would have a multiplier of 9 (3000 MHz / 333 Mhz = 9). Therefore, a 400Mhz FSB with a 3.6GHz clockspeed would have a (3600 / 400 = 9) multiplier as well.
  17. cjl is correct, this CPU is the 533MHz Northwood Pentium 4 Socket 478.
  18. gamerk316 said:
    FSB is quad pumped, so a 1333 FSB = 1333 / 4 = 333.25
    DDR2 is double data rate, so DDR2 667 = 667 / 2 = 333.5
    (This example would be a 1:1 FSB-RAM ratio)

    The Multiplier is Clockspeed divided by the FSB . A 3.0GHz CPU with a 333MHz FSB would have a multiplier of 9 (3000 MHz / 333 Mhz = 9). Therefore, a 400Mhz FSB with a 3.6GHz clockspeed would have a (3600 / 400 = 9) multiplier as well.


    I kinda know that already lol :D

    My question was, why quad pump? What's the point of quadpumping? Is it just to make intel look good with higher numbers?
    And about the dividers, we've all got 1:1, but what determines all the other dividers and stuff? Sometimes they're not available when I need them :(
  19. They quad pump because it quadruples the data rate. It's that simple. It isn't just to look good - there are real benefits too.
  20. Ok lol thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Resolution