Sell it, Keep it or Give it away?

toledo_speedo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
I was putting together a work server before I went overboard on a SkullTrail build and needless to say I won't be needing any upgrades for awhile. That leaves me with my original sever and I was wondering if I should try and sell it on eBay or find some use for it. Heres what I've got:

Lian Li PC-V2000 Server case.
Cooler Master 850W PSU
S5000PAL Mobo
Dual Xeon 5050's
4x512MB Crucial FB-Dimms
WD160 HDD W/XP Pro

Onboard Video & Sound are ok but there are no expansion slots, so outside of using it to back up my other systems the only other thing I can thing of is a sever for my accounting software. The accounting software runs on my SkullTrail Rig now and even with two other users and me running multiple apps it never comes close to using all 8 cores.

Let me know what you think I should do with it.

Oakley707

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Just my $.02. I just sold a POS on craigslist and got $275 for it. You might have better luck with craigslist. I think they pay more than eBay. I don't know, just my experiences.. .

toledo_speedo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
I thought about Craigslist but it is kind of a unique build, I'll list it to see if anyone jumps but for anything less than $500 I think I would just keep it because it is nice to have a back up server. Plus I am not sure without a graphics card anyone would know WTF to do with it.

Can't hurt to try. It doesn't cost that much to list and see if you get any bids. If you list it on ebay for ~$500 and only add 2 pics for a 3 day auction, your looking at around $10 to list it.

Nice ideas there.

YMCA, Catholic Community Services, Red Cross, United Way... donate and take the tax write-off.