This is the 11th time I ask about it!!!!!!!

omarko

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
My graphics card is an ATI Powercolor HD 4670 1GB DDR3,and I am currently having problems with my games draw distance..all of them old or new high or low graphics I tried doing everything related to the software part but still I am having draw distance problems so could it be a hardware defect????????I asked about this issue a lot and people keep saying install latest drivers well I did still......

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Did you uninstall your old drivers properly first. i.e uninstall them with a utility from the manufactures website, if not, go through "add/remove programs" then check through the registry for anything else related before you installed the new driver?

(Sorry if this had already been suggested but can't recall this problem. That's what i'd do. Just trying to help).

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Just another thought....

Have you checked the driver settings are not over riding the application settings? I'm not familiar with ATI drivers but NVIDIA have a control panel that list millions of games which takes presedence over the application settings. i.e if you use 8x aa in the control panel and the game says it's using 2x aa then it will still use 8x aa. Worth a check anyway.

omarko

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Noo I did anything that could be done with the software and my computer is brand new I didnt have to uninstall anything first.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Damn... just a few things to try if you can.

Is there any chance you could put your card in a freinds PC just to check it's not your computer?

Also is there a youtube video (or similar) that shows better draw distance than you are currently getting using the same hardware?

Can you take a screen shot of the game you are playing so we can see exactly what you mean?

Hi omarko,

Well you have a total of 14 posts so if you asked 11 times i would sugest you either didnt get answers or didnt reply to questions from others.
Start by listing full system specs and what exactly the draw distance issue you have is ?
If its lack of detail at distance then that is controlled by the AF and mipmap settings.
Anyway let us know what the problem is, what game, what resolution, what hardware as well as the 4670 and anything else you think relevant and i will do my best to help you :)

Mactronix

When a problem like this happens, it`s difficult to remain calm and objective because everything you try seems to have no effect, I know, I`ve been there myself.
So, take a deep breath, calm down and start at the logical beginning by
going into BIOS and setting everything to default factory values.
Then reinstall all the motherboard/soundcard drivers (after uninstalling as appropriate).
Next use Windows Update to update your OS fully and then update DirectX.
Finally uninstall your current video drivers and then sweep them clean with Driversweeper (in Safe Mode) and instal the latest from the ATI site.
This may not cure the problem, but it will give everyone a solid base to start from.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Nice one Coozie7 we can all jump to conclusions incl myself. yep do this first then re post creating a link to this page so everyone knows not to cover already covered ground.

wonderingwhatis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008

While I do agree with you completely, I have had video issues (not similar to this) where I had to install older but still semi-recent drivers because new drivers caused the issue. Im not saying thats the case here...just saying :)

@ wonderingwhatis: I know and this has been the soloution to this type of problem in the past, my point is to get the OP to set his system to a stable, baseline configuration with all known good settings so we can fault find from there.

omarco; Please let us know the rest of your configuration, particularly the monitor resoloution.

omarko

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Here are the specs:
AMD Phenom Quad Core 9550 2.2 GHZ
ATI Powercolor JD 4670 1GB DDR3
MSI K9A2GM-FIH
Western Digital 320Gb SATA 8MB cache
example of the problem:
I am playing call of duty 4 and I am just running around in a grassy field,when I walk forward distant objects start appearing and close objects start showing all of their polygons in more details,and when I try walking backward its vice versa distant objects start disappearing and close ones get less detailed.
Monitor resolution is 1280*1024,60Hz
Note the problem is in all games not just COD4

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
and you are sure that it isn't just the new objects coming into view?

To save graphic resources most games dont display objects in the distance (like trees in oblivion). They also have a point where when you get close enough to them the details of the object increases (so that resources aren't wasted on producing details that you would hardly be able to see from that distance anyways). Are you sure this isn't what you are encountering?

Personally i would have to either borrow a card from someone or get yours tested. Its teh only way to know for sure.
I had a similar Polygon issue before but that was down to over tweaking of the graphics settings on my part. Now im assuming either something isnt set right or there is something inside the card not working right. So unless you have been playing with the very advanced settings of your card i would think it the latter.

Mactronix

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Your card is only 128 bit. You are not going to get a high end graphics experience from a mid to low end video card. What you describe sounds normal. Consider stepping up to a HD4850 or better.

edit: typos

Thats just plain wrong.
There is no way that the system as listed would have any issues playing games at reasonable detail settings.
Even if the sliders were set all to max and the card was being asked to do more than it can the end result wouldn't be the same abnormalities in all games.
I still think there is something wrong with either the card internally or the drivers/settings are wrong some where.

Mactronix

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

At 1280*1024 that card is plenty powerful enough.

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
3 Suggestions:

1. Try on a different computer
2. Try a different monitor
3. Record with FRAPS and host it.... possibly will help diagnosing the problem

omarko

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
frps in most games at 1280*1024 is 50 frps (average)
But with crysis its 40 to 45 frps.
and its really annoying me that I am running games at good fraps and have this stupid problem -.-

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
+1 MAC

Try another card in the computer, or try the card in a friend computer. (+1 if your friend have an ATI card .. he already have the driver installed)

omarko

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Nevermind I went to my warranty service and they said that they will try to repair it if they fail they will get me a new one :)