Sign in with
Your question
Solved

720 BE 4th core unlocked need temp software

Last response: in Overclocking
September 5, 2010 5:03:41 AM

OK I've looked for this before..last year when I built my rig, and couldn't get anywhere.
Is there a temp monitoring software that will read core temps with an unlocked AMD PIIx3 720?? :o 
a b K Overclocking
September 5, 2010 1:45:45 PM

budsatawny said:
Is there a temp monitoring software that will read core temps with an unlocked AMD PIIx3 720?? :o 

No, when you enable ACC you no longer have core readings. Thee only temp reading you will have is the cpu socket temp. It's often suggested that you lock your proc back up and observe the relationship between the core readings and the socket reading to give you and idea of core temps at idle and load when unlocked. That can also give you an idea of how much heat is added by unlocking the extra core(s).

You can use something like HWMonitor to monitor temps as well.
m
l
September 5, 2010 4:45:04 PM

green300 said:
No, when you enable ACC you no longer have core readings. Thee only temp reading you will have is the cpu socket temp. It's often suggested that you lock your proc back up and observe the relationship between the core readings and the socket reading to give you and idea of core temps at idle and load when unlocked. That can also give you an idea of how much heat is added by unlocking the extra core(s).

You can use something like HWMonitor to monitor temps as well.

Thanx man... I guess they'll never make something for unlocked cores:-(...Oh well.
I use Everest Ultimate to monitor temps. works pretty good.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 11:27:49 AM

budsatawny said:
Thanx man... I guess they'll never make something for unlocked cores:-(...Oh well.
I use Everest Ultimate to monitor temps. works pretty good.

It's not that they won't make something for unlocked cores, they can't. When you do the ACC and unlock the locked core, the ability to read the core temp is impossible from that point forward because the chip was not released to be a 4-core CPU.

As the previous poster stated (and I've done this as well), lock it back up, monitor the CPU socket temp and compare it to the core temp. That will tell you what the temps are. For me, the core temp is 10-15 degrees less than the socket temp.

September 7, 2010 11:11:03 PM

Best answer selected by budsatawny.
m
l
September 7, 2010 11:13:56 PM

isamuelson said:
It's not that they won't make something for unlocked cores, they can't. When you do the ACC and unlock the locked core, the ability to read the core temp is impossible from that point forward because the chip was not released to be a 4-core CPU.

As the previous poster stated (and I've done this as well), lock it back up, monitor the CPU socket temp and compare it to the core temp. That will tell you what the temps are. For me, the core temp is 10-15 degrees less than the socket temp.

Well thanx anywhoooo...LOL..It figures...I wonder if..by any chance there has to be a sensor in there if they die all their chips the same way..you would think...maybe you have to unlock the sensor also...Just a thought...a silly one maybe...LOL :sol: 
m
l
!