Sign in with
Your question

Updated! Help with GPU/CPU dilemma

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 14, 2009 11:48:30 AM

id like to get this card and just game for a year and set this thing aside for my first self built rig with a quad etc....yeah if anyone has any suggestions etc please enlighten me...

AMD X2 6000+
A 1.0 mobo...of course with 2.0 cards being backwards compaitaible it shouldn't hurt me to bad....should it?
4GB(undecided this is also something im ordering...probably the 1066mhz range)
600-650watt psu(also something im upgrading...)
LG 20-24(not sure how big it is...it was free....1680x1050) and DAYUM does it look good...i must say LG never ceases to amaze me

I believe i have touched everything...so yeah i know i can't do GTAIV on this thing but how much longer till games start just stepping on me at my res etc...

Update:o k im adding a pic...this is what i have so far and after rebates im in my budget :D  any suggestions?...im pretty positive this is what i want...i believe it will get me to my next pc no problems :bounce: 

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145/RSSRM/untitled-...

Update:Also im able to bundle a AMd 9600 Agena with my video card at a discount of 45$ so i pay 50$ for the cpu....i am using a Gateway GT5656...my mobo is an elitegroup/MCP61PM-AM...i don't think i have any options to overclock....will the ghz rating slow me down :sweat: 

Im wondering if this would be a worth while upgrade? i can probably find a home for my 6000+...would this add a decent bit of longevity to the build?....thanks

Update:o k i can overclock...thank god i just went into my bios off a hunch first...i upped the proc from 3014mhz to 3022mhz...bus speed by 2 mhz and ht link by 3mhz...not sure what i changed but it was minimal and i reverted upon my discovery
March 14, 2009 11:14:06 PM

Buy THIS ram. you wont notice any difference between ddr2-800, and ddr2-1066.
if you get a new mobo,( with a pci-e 2.0x16) might i suggest THIS it only supports ddr2-800 though.

!