Bah humbug

Tried to install after removing contents of Downloads folder.

Hangs at the 65% mark every time.

I cannot remember what file I added the line in to stop the fuzzy pixel
for potty and bathing (I don't care they're barbies, I hate fzuzzy
screens!) and that's the only thing I can think of why it's not
behaving, unless it's another bad CD. Don't like the idea of Bad CDs
being shipped out in bulk though!

Any advice is appreciated.

-georg

noname

> Tried to install after removing contents of Downloads folder.
>
> Hangs at the 65% mark every time.
>
> I cannot remember what file I added the line in to stop the fuzzy pixel
> for potty and bathing (I don't care they're barbies, I hate fzuzzy
> screens!) and that's the only thing I can think of why it's not behaving,
> unless it's another bad CD. Don't like the idea of Bad CDs being shipped
> out in bulk though!
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

Try manually uninstalling your game,

http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/sims2_std_adp.php?p_faqid=17379&p_created=1109721068&p_sid=oU-Eqrzh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xMTEmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

and then reinstalling from scratch. Backup your current game before you
uninstall of course. These instructions have helped quite a few people.

I noticed, when trying to install Uni, that mine would start whining and
slowing down (reading of the disk) around 63% when it tried to read the
support files. I never made it past 67% though.

noname

--
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=525794

georg wrote:
> Tried to install after removing contents of Downloads folder.
>
> Hangs at the 65% mark every time.
>
> I cannot remember what file I added the line in to stop the fuzzy pixel
> for potty and bathing (I don't care they're barbies, I hate fzuzzy
> screens!) and that's the only thing I can think of why it's not
> behaving, unless it's another bad CD. Don't like the idea of Bad CDs
> being shipped out in bulk though!
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> -georg

Update- have done a clean install of Sims2, and now it won't even run
the patch.

Eeep.

But then, I was playing it fine without the patch. Or the expansion.

So I may content myself with not playing with the expansion for a while
until I can go get another one.

-georg

When I installed University, it did take a long time to get past that 65%
area. Be patient and see if you get an error message, otherwise it is just
be slow loading like mine was.

ssjkm wrote:

> When I installed University, it did take a long time to get past that 65%
> area. Be patient and see if you get an error message, otherwise it is just
> be slow loading like mine was.

I get the error message... I think I've gotten 12 times or so.

-georg

> ssjkm wrote:
>
>> When I installed University, it did take a long time to get past that 65%
>> area. Be patient and see if you get an error message, otherwise it is
>> just
>> be slow loading like mine was.
>
> I get the error message... I think I've gotten 12 times or so.

Why don't you conclude it is a bad cd and get it replaced then. Lots of
people seem to have had to do that.

Gareeth